⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Loving my extended range Lariat, although I still want significantly more range or more fast chargers in AZ to feel comfortable on trips. Several times the truck won't recognize there is a key nearby when parked in the sun and temp is over 100 degrees. I unlock with my key btw. If I walk away a time or two I have been able to get it to turn on and start. My Tesla has never had this issue. I didn't see a post on this topic. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

· Registered
933 Posts
Hi All,
Loving my extended range Lariat, although I still want significantly more range or more fast chargers in AZ to feel comfortable on trips. Several times the truck won't recognize there is a key nearby when parked in the sun and temp is over 100 degrees. I unlock with my key btw. If I walk away a time or two I have been able to get it to turn on and start. My Tesla has never had this issue. I didn't see a post on this topic. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks.
Hi @Toddd welcome to the forum and congrats on your Lightning Lariat! I think the best bet is what @Fryballin suggested. It only happens when it's over 100 degrees?

· Registered
PRO IcedBlueSilver - TowTech, MaxTow, 9.6kwProPower: RECEIVED Aug23rd
475 Posts
battery, battery, battery... that is my family's motto, when it comes to all things 'vehicle' related. First, check the battery... or better, REPLACE the battery. It seems to easily solve such a number of problems.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all. I will try a battery replacement, but yes, this has only occurred on hot days when truck had been sitting in the sun. It was only parked for 10 minutes outside when it happened most recently, so it is worrisome. I will also be getting a ceramic tint on all windows to decrease heat penetration.

· Registered
9 Posts
I was wondering if our heat in Phoenix would impact the Lighting at all. I am waiting on mine to ship any day now. I am probably fortunate that I have covered parking at work and the truck will not usually be in a lot of direct sunlight. Appreciate hearing from another Phoenician!

· Registered
2 Posts
I am concerned as well. The cabin temp is over 115 degrees right now. No vehicle problems noted, however concerned about computer and 15" display. Should I be? I have ceramic tint and keep a windshield sun shade in place. But dang, sure is hot in here.

· Registered
55 Posts
I was wondering if our heat in Phoenix would impact the Lighting at all. I am waiting on mine to ship any day now. I am probably fortunate that I have covered parking at work and the truck will not usually be in a lot of direct sunlight. Appreciate hearing from another Phoenician!
I'm still waiting on my truck too... But I did test drive of a "mannequin" while I was on a road trip to Phoenix. I was wondering about the same thing. I'm living in extreme heat also, and I wonder if this is going to be an issue. It is my hope that Ford engineering has done extensive testing in extreme heat. I guess we shall see...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.