⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had two F150's XL and Lariat. I do lots of highway miles, 70-75MPH for the most part. Today I took my new Lightning on the highway, and the first thing I noticed was the wind noise. Like really noticed it more than all my other trucks. I am wondering change out the radio antenna would help.

I don't understand why there is such a difference. Is anyone else feeling this ??

· Registered
29 Posts
One of the things about an EV is without the engine noise, all other shakes and rattles become much more noticeable. It could just be that. my lariat ER I thought was surprisingly quiet though considering how un-aerodynamic it is.

Or it could be an issue with a specific area of your weather stripping. Take a passenger out on a drive with you and have them move around the cabin to see if they notice where it’s coming from.

· Registered
F-150 Lightning
132 Posts
So I have had two F150's XL and Lariat. I do lots of highway miles, 70-75MPH for the most part. Today I took my new Lightning on the highway, and the first thing I noticed was the wind noise. Like really noticed it more than all my other trucks. I am wondering change out the radio antenna would help.

I don't understand why there is such a difference. Is anyone else feeling this ??
Hi there. This wind noise concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150 Lightning. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

· Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is by far the quietest vehicle I think I've ever ridden in.
I agree the truck itself is so quiet. My 2018 lariat was also super quiet, even better than my wife's Volvo. I haven't had much highway time yet, so giving it a few days before I comment. Love the truck it's been a long time since I've driven anything that puts a smile on my face. :)

· Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting how some find a way to hide behind a picture to express their voice. I have no problem having discussions with open-minded individuals. The fact someone joins just to post a stupid remark, what more needs to be said? You are welcome to keep on moving nothing to see here. Cheers Mate.

· Registered
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - Rapid Red Metallic - 13 July Blend Date
33 Posts
Interesting how some find a way to hide behind a picture to express their voice. I have no problem having discussions with open-minded individuals. The fact someone joins just to post a stupid remark, what more needs to be said? You are welcome to keep on moving nothing to see here. Cheers Mate.
Whoever this clown is, all they are doing is posting political smear images against a medical researcher from Hong Kong who challenged the origin of COVID-19. This is not the place for this crap. I hope the moderators remove them from this site quickly!

· Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is an update on my noise question. I did replace the whip radio antenna with a smaller type, and we had a trip to Longwood Gardens yesterday and did about 300 miles of highway. I did notice it was better. I also folded the mirrors in, reducing the noise much more. I do not listen to music while driving, so I am keen to hear the noise a car makes. When I got my 2018 Lariat, I was amazed at how quiet it was. This was my expectation here. All in all not bad noise, just different.
Tire Grille Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light

· Registered
29 Posts
Here is an update on my noise question. I did replace the whip radio antenna with a smaller type, and we had a trip to Longwood Gardens yesterday and did about 300 miles of highway. I did notice it was better. I also folded the mirrors in, reducing the noise much more. I do not listen to music while driving, so I am keen to hear the noise a car makes. When I got my 2018 Lariat, I was amazed at how quiet it was. This was my expectation here. All in all not bad noise, just different. View attachment 4519
I did the same thing with mine right away, I'm curious why manufacturers don't do this at the factory nowadays? The reception doesn't seem to be any worse and these little antennas are only like $8 on amazon.

· Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi there. This wind noise concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150 Lightning. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
I am having the same issue. I got my truck this week (1/17/23). It is loud enough that when I am on the phone people are complaining that it is hard to hear me unless I am driving very slowly or stopped. I am wondering if there is an issue with my car speaker microphones as well being overly sensative. I can be reached at [email protected].

· Registered
372 Posts
I am having the same issue. I got my truck this week (1/17/23). It is loud enough that when I am on the phone people are complaining that it is hard to hear me unless I am driving very slowly or stopped. I am wondering if there is an issue with my car speaker microphones as well being overly sensative. I can be reached at [email protected].
Do you have the ventilated seats on? I think the seat fans are quite loud.

· Registered
220 Posts
Do you have the ventilated seats on? I think the seat fans are quite loud.
yes, they are INSANELY loud.

I first picked up my truck in summer and used the seats literally on the first day, and was like "WOW this wind noise is SO LOUD, this is very disappointing!" and even complained to some folks in private about it, about how the A/C fans were unacceptably loud...

I had to sheepishly admit later that I figured out it was the ventilated seats.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts