⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did a test configurator and priced closed to similar F150 Lariat, same Tow package and came to $73K. Add TTL in NJ it comes to $79K.

I bought my F150 Lightning for $80K (incl TTL in NJ) and there is no sales tax on EVs in our state. And then I got $7.5K rebate.

Issue is that Ford has to bring the trucks below $80K and it might take max market share from traditional F150. My take is those people who buy Lariat and Platinum maybe might not be towing, but just need a truck for the fact of having a truck.

Note: Many assumptions above so any comments appreciated.

· Registered
111 Posts
Not sure where you got a 2023 ER Lariat for $80k. My ER Lariat with no extras come in at $86k. That doesn't include the expanse of installing a charger. I can get a similarly featured, more capable, hybrid F150 at $68k, allowing me to drive over 150,000 miles before saving a dime in gas.

So my question is, why would would anyone buy one over the less expensive but more capable hybrid?

Unless, to paraphrase you, one just wants an EV truck for the fact of having an EV truck. That is only reason I have one.;) Well, that and I paid below MSRP for used '22.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is '22 and MSRP was $79K ...I have solar so I do not pay for charging also. So makes sense as I have a fuel pump at home, and am full each morning !! Charger for me installed was $200 after rebate.

Hence mine is $73.2K (no sales tax) while Hybrid is 68K (6.5% sales tax makes it 72,4K) so net I paid $1K extra and never have to pay for gas, oil changes or anything like that.

and then I have the frunk which the Hybrid does not

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts