⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

Are you deferring your order to 2023 or later?

• I've ordered a 2022

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • I'm deferring to 2023 to get a Pro

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • I'm deferring to 2023 for another reason

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm still waiting for an invitation (= I got a rock)

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • I'm deferring to 2023 to get an XLT

Votes: 3 4.8%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you deferring to 2023 to get a sold-out Pro or for some other reason? Please answer the poll here and update your reservation form to read 2023 in the new Model Year field.

Those who have ordered a 2022 can update their order, too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was one of the first to order a Pro with Towing, Tech, and 9.6kw OnBoard, on Jan 6th, but I also like the idea of the smaller format MAVERICK in an all-electric version, which I hope is coming sooner than later, and if so, I may go that route instead...who knows.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was one of the first to order a Pro with Towing, Tech, and 9.6kw OnBoard, on Jan 6th, but I also like the idea of the smaller format MAVERICK in an all-electric version, which I hope is coming sooner than later, and if so, I may go that route instead...who knows.
Rumor has it BEV versions of a Ranger/Maverick may be part of the lineup from Blue Oval City in a few years.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Lightning XLT ordered
80 Posts
Are you deferring to 2023 to get a sold-out Pro or for some other reason? Please answer the poll here and update your reservation form to read 2023 in the new Model Year field.

Those who have ordered a 2022 can update their order, too.
As part of wave 2, Pro was sold out and initially clicked to extend my reservation for one. But after some time, I decided to go ahead and order an XLT instead. I preferred the vinyl seats and floor, not to mention price, but oh well. I will probably be happier in the long run.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I’m going to bet that there will be nearly zero deferrals on this site. If you are here, you are stalking your Lightning, and if given the opportunity, you aren’t going to let an additional 20k stand between this year and next year. Also, if you are even in the conversation, you reserved in the first 24 hours. which again, you aren’t going to let 20k make you wait a year or more. I could be wring, I’m probably not.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I’m going to bet that there will be nearly zero deferrals on this site. If you are here, you are stalking your Lightning, and if given the opportunity, you aren’t going to let an additional 20k stand between this year and next year. Also, if you are even in the conversation, you reserved in the first 24 hours. which again, you aren’t going to let 20k make you wait a year or more. I could be wring, I’m probably not.
fairly confident that $20k won’t change much for 2023 😛😛😂😂😂

·
Registered
577 Posts
Looks like I’m the first to vote to wait to 2023 for the Pro to, as someone else stated, save $20k. Wish I copped a Pro with all the packages but I can wait a year especially if they get any “kinks” out of this years Pro model
That's a good way at looking at it. Is there anything in particular you're going to keep an eye out for when the first Lightnings start getting delivered?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Getting the Pro and being stuck with the Standard battery I’m wondering the range in reality. Also, Curious about after market parts like getting the front LED hood light and running boards to add to the Pro model myself to get some of the “eye popping” XLT features at a severe discount from getting the XLT. I’d still get the tow tech and max tow packages with 9.6kw too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Getting the Pro and being stuck with the Standard battery I’m wondering the range in reality. Also, Curious about after market parts like getting the front LED hood light and running boards to add to the Pro model myself to get some of the “eye popping” XLT features at a severe discount from getting the XLT. I’d still get the tow tech and max tow packages with 9.6kw too.
Where about do you live? I think it might have some impact on real world range.

·
Registered
Lightning Platinum ordered
69 Posts
I’m waiting til 2025. 2024 Chevy is rolling theirs out with 400mi range. Why would I pay 60-70k for a truck w/ 25% less capacity? I’ll wait for the 2025 Gen 2 on the new lightning frame. Makes no sense.
The Silverado EV RST first edition is $105k, at least that’s what it was for the first minute that I got my reservation in. Been waiting for a full size ev. As long as I can get get around 200 miles I’ll be fine with it. Makes sense to me to order whatever I can get first.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I’m waiting til 2025. 2024 Chevy is rolling theirs out with 400mi range. Why would I pay 60-70k for a truck w/ 25% less capacity? I’ll wait for the 2025 Gen 2 on the new lightning frame. Makes no sense.
😂😂😂😂 it will be 2026-2027 before anyone can get that Chevy….we will definitely see a CyberTruck before it…

·
Registered
105 Posts
Also, If this sitch holds up, you could drive this over for two to three years, and then sell it for 10k over what you paid to buy the next model.
you are absolutely correct! Ford has bumped the 2022 F-150 BEV price by $1500 - I hope they hold the line for the 2022 Lightning, but I want to bet that the 2023 Lightning will for sure cost more.

·
Administrator
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Silverado EV RST first edition is $105k, at least that’s what it was for the first minute that I got my reservation in. Been waiting for a full size ev. As long as I can get get around 200 miles I’ll be fine with it. Makes sense to me to order whatever I can get first.
The Silverado will be a while per this video from EV Buyers Guide:
Work truck Spring of 2023
RST Fall of 2023
Some point later for the rest of the variants.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts