Ford Lightning Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dealer here in Orlando had 12 in the first wave. I was expecting like 2. Apparently, they are a big deal. I’m number 24 on their list (ordered 5/20 in the am) but they are telling me I should be in the second wave.
I am Orlando too, which dealer? Sales rep called me Tuesday and had me come in to complete order, deposit and sign. He was saying that way the only thing left is process with Ford.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Peacock ford
I am at Greenway- rep says they have over 100 orders and an allocation of 25 for this year. Beginning of the conversation he said he had no idea where I was slotted. 5 minutes later he said I was 25. After I agreed to sign the order and make deposit said he talked to his manager and I was now slotted 12th. Not sure any of it can be believed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I remember hearing that ford adjusts The number of released trucks to the dealership based on conversion rate, so if you agreed to buy, they might have pushed you forward to guarantee their conversion rate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I remember hearing that ford adjusts The number of released trucks to the dealership based on conversion rate, so if you agreed to buy, they might have pushed you forward to guarantee their conversion rate.
I hope you heard correctly. Rep hadn't seen any of the materials the folks on here have shared so I got him the playbook info. Fingers crossed to get into Wave 2. Not holding my breath though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I hope you heard correctly. Rep hadn't seen any of the materials the folks on here have shared so I got him the playbook info. Fingers crossed to get into Wave 2. Not holding my breath though.
Sounds like the experience I had. My dealer called and said I would be eighth on their list. Nothing from Ford and the dealer’s last email said this three days ago, “Good Afternoon, Ford is confirming all VIP orders. We should have an order confirmation number soon.”
I feel like I am being strung along. Really hoping something happens soon. The dealer got my hopes up.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts