Ford Lightning Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I am new to ordering with Ford this way. Any tips from anyone who has purchased similar to this? I want to get an idea of what happens next. Do we get an email or call to purchase and then what? We have go down to the dealer to pick options and sign a contract for them to build it? Also, how does pricing work? Do they charge you MSRP for everything? What if my dealer wants me to pay 5 to 10K more than what other dealers are doing? Am, I allowed changing my dealer to another one that might give me a better deal? If I do that do I go to the back of the line? Sorry I am new to all of this and just was curious if anyone knows how this will work. I am see dealers putting huge markups on cars in the lots but i dont know how it works when placing an order like this. I rather wait to pay a fair price but would hate to lose my place in line if i have a greedy dealer.

·
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
280 Posts
@Ford-Guy,
I encourage you to look around at the posts already on the forum to learn much more about all of these steps. There are multiple threads and posts discussing most of these. I'll give you a quick rundown on what we know, think, and hope.

Do we get an email or call to purchase and then what? We have go down to the dealer to pick options and sign a contract for them to build it? Also, how does pricing work? Do they charge you MSRP for everything?
An important item you didn't mention: when did you make your reservation. That will probably determine the when on all of these.
Ford has indicated customers with reservations will be notified in waves depending on their reservation timestamps. Earlier reservations get earlier options for ordering. The build and price tool should be up online for a while before the order window opens. Early reservation holders who reserve within the first order window should get early builds. Those who choose to wait to order will get later builds. Expect to pay MSRP unless you have access to A, D, or Z plans. There is no X-plan on the Lightning in 2022 at least. If you are looking for deals below MSRP I have a bridge to sell you.

What if my dealer wants me to pay 5 to 10K more than what other dealers are doing? Am, I allowed changing my dealer to another one that might give me a better deal? If I do that do I go to the back of the line?
Then run away and find a dealer who will promise to stay within MSRP or a low ADM and will put this in writing. It is easiest to change dealers before ordering but you can even do it later with Ford's help, usually up until your build is scheduled. Dealer changes before the order window opens, and probably before your order is scheduled shouldn't effect your place in line.

I am see dealers putting huge markups on cars in the lots but i dont know how it works when placing an order like this. I rather wait to pay a fair price but would hate to lose my place in line if i have a greedy dealer.
Agreed. We are all working together here to avoid having our Forum members pay high ADMs to greedy dealers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Ford-Guy.
Have you approached any dealers yet about ordering a Lightning? That would be a good start, even if it's just to inquire and see what they tell you. Although for the most part there should be a lot of overlap between them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts