⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

What's the latest PowerUp installed on your Lightning?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the latest PowerUp installed on your Lightning? I'll append new options as the new PowerUps come out.

If you just took delivery of your truck, it could be a month or more before you receive one as your software may still be ahead of this of us getting PowerUps.

· Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
664 Posts
I have 3.5.4 installed several weeks back and 3.5.5 downloaded today but is having trouble installing. Have tried 3 times.

I do not have PAAK yet however. They are holding it hostage.

• Haha
Reactions: ChasingCoral

· Registered
664 Posts
I have 3.5.4 installed several weeks back and 3.5.5 downloaded today but is having trouble installing. Have tried 3 times.

I do not have PAAK yet however. They are holding it hostage.
3.5.5 finally installed after 5 attempts. I believe the 12 v battery was on the low end of charge. HV battery was 82%, but I plugged in anyway. Seems that might have triggered or allowed a 12v battery charging cycle. The release installed after taht.

· Registered
803 Posts
heh, I voted 3.5.2 and minutes later, a FordPass alert told me that 3.5.5 was gonna install tonight. I'll change my vote if it happens. Edit: 3.5.5 on 11/17

It's parked outside with good WiFi signal. I guess I'll go do the 'make sure' voodoo and plug in, set parking brake, and lock for the big 1:00 am event. I really hope this gets rid of the harsh hurry up and slam on the brakes ACC. PaaK would be the cherry on top.

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These Power Ups require the 12v battery be at a high state. I encourage you all to set an evening update schedule, Drive the truck right before then, and plug in to charge.

· Registered
295 Posts
This whole power up thing is really BS! It also seems to require a cell signal, which I do not have at my residence. So much for wi-fi updates. I have only received a single update (3.5.2) since delivery on July 8 and I was driving when I got it (not during my scheduled updates time!).

· Registered
664 Posts
This whole power up thing is really BS! It also seems to require a cell signal, which I do not have at my residence. So much for wi-fi updates. I have only received a single update (3.5.2) since delivery on July 8 and I was driving when I got it (not during my scheduled updates time!).
Only some updates require the truck to be off and PU's apply during your selected window. Others can update while driving, which is what you experienced. This was the same for 3.5.3 and 3.5.4 a few weeks ago. However, 3.5.5 which is rolling out now does require the truck to be off and parked. It will install according to your selected schedule.

· Registered
44 Posts
I'm not sure what's going on but it's about a week and a half after I took delivery, and between yesterday and today I got 3.5.2, 3.5.3, and now 3.5.4, pretty much within hours of each other. The odd thing is I feel like my car had most of the features it referenced (dual phone connectivity, full screen Carplay, etc), so maybe it was on some weird factory-specific software and is now catching me up with what's out there. Most interested in the 3.5.5 update and the claimed updates to the guess-o-meter though.

· Administrator
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Sherman just got a new PowerUp that isn’t in the Wiki yet: 22-PU1009-MIL-DTE

Font Document Number Event

· Administrator
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have that update queued but it has failed 5x over the last 2 days when I try to manually do it or have it do it over night....
Drive the truck to make sure your 12v battery is happy and full, then plug the charger in.

• Helpful
Reactions: R.I.P.

· Administrator
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
New PowerUp dropping. Anyone get 4.1.1 yet?

· Administrator
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
At least one lucky Lightning owner has received 4.1.1:
Font Gadget Technology Multimedia Electric blue

1 - 20 of 56 Posts