⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post. Glad to be here.

Here is my issue, so a few weeks back I received notification that my dealer is now under new ownership (Killeen TX). Apparently due to this Ford refunded my reservation without me asking, but (when I call the 800 number) ensures me that my reservation is still there. But when I go to the Ford website and look up my reservation status there is nothing listed. Thoughts? All I can do now is take the representatives word that I still have a reservation, the new dealer refuses to give out any info about their reservations. I'm kinda worried I got screwed here...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello. It is not uncommon for Ford to refund a deposit when certain events happen - including if YOU choose another dealer for your reservation, or the dealership changes hands. Ford described this to me as a way of avoiding having to move money between dealerships.

If you go to owner.ford.com - log in with your existing login (you have one, right?) and then click on the little head icon near the upper right, you'll see Reservations & Orders on the drop down menu. If you select that, you should see your reservation for your Lightning.

Can you check and report back?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello. It is not uncommon for Ford to refund a deposit when certain events happen - including if YOU choose another dealer for your reservation, or the dealership changes hands. Ford described this to me as a way of avoiding having to move money between dealerships.

If you go to owner.ford.com - log in with your existing login (you have one, right?) and then click on the little head icon near the upper right, you'll see Reservations & Orders on the drop down menu. If you select that, you should see your reservation for your Lightning.

Can you check and report back?
Yea that is what prompted me to call Ford, I go to that website and nothing is listed under My Reservations.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,694 Posts
Find a dealer you want to work with and confirm they will sell art MSRP. Then call Ford customer service to have them assign the reservation to the new dealer and make it active in your account. You should still be in order by your reservation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts