⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read a dealer info packet posted on another f150 forum that explained order "waves". The first "wave" was on Jan 6th and subsequent "waves will occur approximately every two weeks. It's anybodys guess how many "OK to order" emails will go out in each wave. This goes on through the at least the end of april. Will have to hold out for the 2nd wave... my reservation was at 9:00 am on day 2

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for posting that. It’s great information to know how the waves should work. I reserved within the first seconds that it opened, and didn’t get an email yet. I’ve been super discouraged. Also my dealer won’t tell me my position which is irritating.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,674 Posts
I just read a dealer info packet posted on another f150 forum that explained order "waves". The first "wave" was on Jan 6th and subsequent "waves will occur approximately every two weeks. It's anybodys guess how many "OK to order" emails will go out in each wave. This goes on through the at least the end of april. Will have to hold out for the 2nd wave... my reservation was at 9:00 am on day 2

View attachment 1062
With a reservation at 9:00 am on day 2, you are probably about 20,000 reservations in. Hopefully you will get a 2022 truck. You would only be in an early wave if your dealer prioritize you ahead of earlier reservation holders.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

View attachment 1062
[/QUOT
Thank you for posting that. It’s great information to know how the waves should work. I reserved within the first seconds that it opened, and didn’t get an email yet. I’ve been super discouraged. Also my dealer won’t tell me my position which is irritating.
Dealers are as much in the dark as we are. Ford is holding all the cards.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dealer told me I’m part of wave 2 but said that is opening in March.
The only information a dealer sees is the one from which I copied the pic. But here I've attached the whole thing as a pdf file. It was sent to the dealers on January 3rd. The sales rep who told you the 2nd wave doesn't know what he is talking about. Wave 2 is in two weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
The only information a dealer sees is the one from which I copied the pic. But here I've attached the whole thing as a pdf file. It was sent to the dealers on January 3rd. The sales rep who told you the 2nd wave doesn't know what he is talking about. Wave 2 is in two weeks.
Thank you. That’s actually what I had read before as well. That’s Ford will be opening waves every two weeks. Of course now you’ve got my hopes up….again.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Which model did you reserve @JohnnyGTX? I wouldn't get too discouraged yet about not getting contacted yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My dealer said that I'm #19 in the list. He told me that I may not even be able to order the 2023 model next year. But he's not sure... I hope he's wrong. One of the videos floating around said that the dealer's order started with one order but the next "waves" should ramp up the number of orders but again, these dealers don't know a lot. I reserved May 25 so I'm not going to hold my breath. If I don't get a chance to order my truck after waiting 6 days after the rollout, what about people who were still reserving 7 months later in December? They may have to wait until 2026 to order ha ha!

·
Registered
662 Posts
My dealer said that I'm #19 in the list. He told me that I may not even be able to order the 2023 model next year. But he's not sure... I hope he's wrong. One of the videos floating around said that the dealer's order started with one order but the next "waves" should ramp up the number of orders but again, these dealers don't know a lot. I reserved May 25 so I'm not going to hold my breath. If I don't get a chance to order my truck after waiting 6 days after the rollout, what about people who were still reserving 7 months later in December? They may have to wait until 2026 to order ha ha!
Yeah the people who reserved theirs late are going to be in for a wait. It's also going to be a free for all if/when people back out of their orders.

·
Registered
93 Posts
What are allocations like at your dealer?
#16 in line at my dealer with 58 reservations. They are only expecting 7 to 10 trucks this year from what they were told so far.
Nice! Do you know if they will be setting up charging stations at the dealer?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts