⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far at my dealership, 10 people were in wave 1 and wave 2. We had 6 orders, 3 extensions (for the Pro) and one cancellation. Wave 3 here will only be the next 6 people in our "line".
So far at my dealership, 10 people were in wave 1 and wave 2. We had 6 orders, 3 extensions (for the Pro) and one cancellation. Wave 3 here will only be the next 6 people in our "line".
I'm still shocked that my upstate NY dealer with over 60 reservations (1 priority) told me no one from either wave were invited to place an order. I thought in early January when he told me I was 6th in line I would be getting the chance to order. I'm a bit dumbfounded!! It's also like pulling teeth to hear anything from them. All they say is when he hears something he'll let me know.:rolleyes:

· Registered
226 Posts
I put my reservation in at my sisters dealership and I’m #17 on her list. I’ve been told I won’t get a 2022 and it may be late next year at the earliest I can order. So mine will be a 2024 most likely.
As in your Sister owns the dealership???? And you are #17?
oh man, did you used to blow up her Barbie’s with firecrackers?

· Registered
226 Posts
I'm still shocked that my upstate NY dealer with over 60 reservations (1 priority) told me no one from either wave were invited to place an order. I thought in early January when he told me I was 6th in line I would be getting the chance to order. I'm a bit dumbfounded!! It's also like pulling teeth to hear anything from them. All they say is when he hears something he'll let me know.:rolleyes:
NY is a ZEV state too, and called out by Farley as a top state for lightning orders. Hmmm

· Registered
308 Posts
Same here. I am number eight on my dealers priority list and all he says is you’ll get the truck this year. I don’t know if they’ve had any orders confirmed. I’m trying not to be too pushy.

· Registered
988 Posts
This is also irritating, the number of people that have gotten their dealers to actually tell them something versus a bunch that say nothing or "don't know".

Reactions: Jeff2255

· Registered
1 Posts
My dealer said the 2nd wave was a small one, just filling slots from the first wave where people chose not to place an order when given the shot.
He said they anticipate ~40 of their 80 reservations will get invited to order a 2022 or 2023.

· Registered
269 Posts
My dealer said the 2nd wave was a small one, just filling slots from the first wave where people chose not to place an order when given the shot.
He said they anticipate ~40 of their 80 reservations will get invited to order a 2022 or 2023.
Interesting, so it was more like a 1A and 1B kind of thing. Were you one of the ones that got invited to order @Run?

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,090 Posts
That's the opposite of what we have heard from most. Wave 1 was tiny for most dealers, Wave 2 was bigger. We'll see if Wave 3 is even bigger.

Reactions: Mr. Mazak

· Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
630 Posts
There is a facebook post this morning from a dealer saying he can see his Wave 3 invites this morning. They haven't gone out, but he can see who will be invited.

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,090 Posts
There is a facebook post this morning from a dealer saying he can see his Wave 3 invites this morning. They haven't gone out, but he can see who will be invited.
We heard from another dealer that they had access to their wave 2 invites a couple of days in advance.

Does the dealer shay how many invites they have?

· Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
630 Posts
We heard from another dealer that they had access to their wave 2 invites a couple of days in advance.

Does the dealer shay how many invites they have?
He notes "I'm a dealer; I can see my wave 3 assignments already today - got 2, mine included!"

So he doesn't go into a lot of detail to know if these are his first 2 or if he had others previously. There are others asking him those similar questions. Sounds as if he didn't prioritize his own order (which is nice) or these could be the first 2 he is getting. Not sure. I'll report if there are further answers.

Another dealer replied to him and he noted they could see their Wave 3 last Friday. Again no numbers reported.

Reactions: ChasingCoral

· Registered
58 Posts
My dealer emailed this morning at 9AM

"We have no idea how many allocations we will receive. I don't believe anyone knows for sure. I can say that you are next on our list. We had one first wave invitation, and nothing since. You are number 2 for us. I certainly hope we get at least 2 for this year."

· Administrator
3,090 Posts
Who's excited for wave 3 Thursday? It's interesting that some dealers have already received their list of who will be in wave 3. Has anyone here heard from their dealer?

· Registered
14 Posts
I don't know what wave I'm in. I placed the reservation in November so way at the back of the bus. I called the dealer a couple weeks ago spoke to the sales manager who said they have 12 reservations. This is rural county and if it doesn't spew black smoke people don't want it so I'm not terribly surprised. The sales manager said I should be able to order in march when they will be able to order their demo. He didn't know what their allocation was going to be but was confident that mine would be a '22 MY. I know that sounds kind of hard to believe and I'm taking it with a grain of salt but hey, who knows.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.