⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sound off if you are watching all these lucky guys place their orders, and you are closing you are closing your eyes tight trying to will that invitation email from Ford into existence in 10 days.
I’m not trying to will it into existence but I am trying to convince myself I have a better chance than I probably do. :)

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,704 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Friend of mine is #2 at our local dealer, I was #1, got to order in Wave 1 and our dealer expected he would get to order in wave 2 but he did not. Likely due to dealer allocation, but I confirmed with the dealer that no one else here was able to order and he confirmed that the next person that would be ordering is my friend who is #2. Our dealership is not huge compared to big city dealerships, but probably does a lot of business relative to our area of Kentucky.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sound off if you are watching all these lucky guys place their orders, and you are closing you are closing your eyes tight trying to will that invitation email from Ford into existence in 10 days.
Has anyone seen this? "Ford is set to double the production rate of its F-150 Lightning to 150,000 units this year, and has said it's booked 200,000 reservations for the newly-unveiled electric pickup." I guess production rate of 150,000 units for the last week in December would only be about 3,000 trucks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Friend of mine is #2 at our local dealer, I was #1, got to order in Wave 1 and our dealer expected he would get to order in wave 2 but he did not. Likely due to dealer allocation, but I confirmed with the dealer that no one else here was able to order and he confirmed that the next person that would be ordering is my friend who is #2. Our dealership is not huge compared to big city dealerships, but probably does a lot of business relative to our area of Kentucky.
Serious question, does anyone know what determines wave order number? Like 1st in line went wave 1, then 2nd through X order wave 2, etc. I was under the impression I'm middle of the pack at my upstate New York dealer but got the wave 2 green light. Dealer will not disclose place in line (via timestamp) or total allocation, even to the sales associates. Only the sales managers know that info, or so I'm told.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,704 Posts
Serious question, does anyone know what determines wave order number? Like 1st in line went wave 1, then 2nd through X order wave 2, etc. I was under the impression I'm middle of the pack at my upstate New York dealer but got the wave 2 green light. Dealer will not disclose place in line (via timestamp) or total allocation, even to the sales associates. Only the sales managers know that info, or so I'm told.
It’s a mystery. Factors include
1. Your reservation time stamp
2. Number of Lightning reservations at your
3. Any prioritizing your dealer may or may not do
4. Your dealer’s allocation based on Lightning reservations and perhaps part F-150 sales volume
5. Your state (ZEV states may be getting more trucks)

Most of these and any weighting schemes are a mystery.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Has anyone seen this? "Ford is set to double the production rate of its F-150 Lightning to 150,000 units this year, and has said it's booked 200,000 reservations for the newly-unveiled electric pickup." I guess production rate of 150,000 units for the last week in December would only be about 3,000 trucks!
Welcome to the forum. That sounds about right considering what else we've heard.
Which Lightning model are you getting?

·
Registered
24 Posts
It’s a mystery. Factors include
1. Your reservation time stamp
2. Number of Lightning reservations at your
3. Any prioritizing your dealer may or may not do
4. Your dealer’s allocation based on Lightning reservations and perhaps part F-150 sales volume
5. Your state (ZEV states may be getting more trucks)

Most of these and any weighting schemes are a mystery.
My dealer told me I'm 2nd in line (no order yet through wave 2). They've had one order placed, and his reservation was the day of announcement, mine was 5/25/21. I bothered the dealer enough he called his Ford rep and was told they'll have 3 total Lightnings allocated for '22. They're the only dealership for a town of about 125,000.

Hopefully that's useful information to someone, but I'll update if (hopefully when) I get to order.

·
Administrator
1,704 Posts
Yes, see:
However, Ford probably won't hit that rate until some time in 2023. The assembly line is full of purpose-built robotics and other equipment. Ford's suppliers don't just have all of those sitting in a warehouse ready to ship.

Reactions: RDale

·
Registered
662 Posts
That is the plan but that own't happen until 2023 at the earliest. 2022 production numbers will be much lower.

·
Registered
118 Posts
We'll see what waive #3 brings but I'm holding out hope. Dealership didn't tell me allocations or total reservations but told me I was #22 and they've already had 11 invites go out. Unless wave #2 was super weighted and wave #3 dries up, I've got a chance.

·
Administrator
1,704 Posts
We'll see what waive #3 brings but I'm holding out hope. Dealership didn't tell me allocations or total reservations but told me I was #22 and they've already had 11 invites go out. Unless wave #2 was super weighted and wave #3 dries up, I've got a chance.
🤞
We'll find out on or around Feb. 3rd.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Coral, you are so good to continue to feed our enthusiasm even though you have already ordered yours. Really hoping for wave three for me, but I gotta think the waves are going to get even smaller as they approach the annual production amount of 20,000

·
Registered
2014 Ford F150 XLT FX4, 2022 Ford F150 Lightning XLT (wave 1 1/7)
68 Posts
Im not gonna speak for the others, but as a Wave 1 order im excited for all of yall to get to order. Wish we could all get our trucks this year but that is unrealistic. Im just hoping a good number of us get to order, and if blessed actually get our trucks this year.

Im eager to see the first pics, vids, and reviews be posted on these forums by actual members and not "influencers". Want honest and frank thoughts and feedback on these trucks. I expect and anticipate bugs, problems, and unforeseen complications but Im also anticipating much excitement and genuine joy. Its a fun and stressful time when something new launches, im sure Tesla fans felt the same way with each of their model rollouts.

·
Administrator
1,704 Posts
Coral, you are so good to continue to feed our enthusiasm even though you have already ordered yours. Really hoping for wave three for me, but I gotta think the waves are going to get even smaller as they approach the annual production amount of 20,000
I'm excited for this truck, for my truck, and for all of our trucks! Unfortunately, only some of us will be lucky enough to receive them in 2022.

Having been through this with an early delivery First Edition Mustang Mach E, I know those of us who get trucks early will pave the way for the rest.

Reactions: RDale

·
Registered
656 Posts
I think I'm in the acceptance phase. I was very "upset" by the 21st. I'm twisting it all to a bright side and now my goal is to have a roadtrip car by this summer. If it isn't the lightning, so be it. I'm not giving up the reseveration and I may not care about the tax incentive anymore (though I know I'm in that window because of the # of pre-orders). But I've eyed the vehicle I'm going to get if I don't see anything by wave 4 (end of February).

Reactions: ChasingCoral

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which dealer are you working with? I'm in Louisville and my dealer didn't give me my reservation number...thanks..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts