⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,399 Posts
My wave 2 invite was in my account about 10 minutes before I got the email.

Reactions: mwkincaid1

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
577 Posts
Congrats - big day. I'm sure many will want to know where you are and how big the dealership, etc.

·
Registered
577 Posts
On the order page would you also report back the estimated delivery time frame? Thanks.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have seen other reports of $1,000 deposits although it seems $500 is more common. My deposit was $500.

Reactions: ChasingCoral

·
Registered
937 Posts
Mine was $500. I never got the email. I saw it on my account. Going to the dealer in a few minutes.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,399 Posts
I just started a poll to see what folks had to put down in deposits.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Maybe this has been addressed, but I'm trying to figure out if the reservation #'s are in chronological sequence. I was in Wave 2 and got my notification via email on 1-20-22, yet My number is greater than mwkincaid1
I believe the conclusion is that we don't know for sure about the numbers, but he could have reserved before you, but at a bigger dealer and been further down the list. You reserved later, but may have been number 1 for your dealer, so you got in last week. This is one of the biggest complaints, it isn't just about time, but also about which dealer you chose. Each dealer could also do some prioritization.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe this has been addressed, but I'm trying to figure out if the reservation #'s are in chronological sequence. I was in Wave 2 and got my notification via email on 1-20-22, yet My number is greater than mwkincaid1
I ordered on the first day, there were 408 orders at my dealership in California and I was told out of the 28 that they were allotted for the 22'MY I was 24th on the list. not sure that helps, but at least it's more info.

·
Administrator
2,399 Posts
This has been discussed in multiple other threads. The reservation numbers are only quasi-sequential as Ford runs multiple simultaneous number sequences. This means #4901 is probably much later than #5005.

Invitations to waves may be based on some combination of: your reservation time stamp (not number), any prioritization by the dealer, the number of reservations at that dealership, past sales volume, and perhaps whether or not you are in a CARB or ZEV state. We really don't know what's in that black box. We know that the first two are part of it.

Reactions: Obi66

·
Registered
281 Posts
I’d like to thank the person who started this thread. That’s how I knew orders were live and I should check my account. I did 34 minutes after the first post here and configured my truck. My dealer very promptly accepted the order for my silver Lariat. So pumped! I’ve been driving electric for 11 years now and an electric truck is my holy EV grail.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.