⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting is excruciating. I reserved in May of 21, popped up to order in April 22 but Pro was sold out so I deferred. I gave in in June 22 and ordered an XLT. Called the dealer (whom I'd bought from before) the next morning to finalize and they informed me they had $10,000 additional dealer markup. I told them to stick it. They had it on their lot for $10,000 over from August until they lowered it to $7,500 over in January. I called to take a test drive and decided to buy at $7,500 over but they brought me a contract for $5,000 over. I was pleasantly surprised. I signed but the salesman came back with the sales manager who said they checked with Ford and since I was the original order placer they could give me a $6,500 rebate. I was stunned but not unhappy. $1,500 under MSRP on the truck I ordered.

I like it a lot more than I expected. Bought for regular trips to the big city 45 miles away. 2,300 miles so far.

· Registered
2023 Lightning Lariat ER, 2018 Tesla S, 2018 Tesla 3, 2011 Nissan Leaf
22 Posts
Nice!
... they checked with Ford ...
LOL. More likely Ford came down on them like a ton of bricks and told them if they want to keep their preferred dealership status they better honor your contract price. There have been a number of cases like this where dealers tried to mark up reservations and Ford has been very good about "encouraging" them not to once called out.

· Registered
258 Posts
Waiting is excruciating. I reserved in May of 21, popped up to order in April 22 but Pro was sold out so I deferred. I gave in in June 22 and ordered an XLT. Called the dealer (whom I'd bought from before) the next morning to finalize and they informed me they had $10,000 additional dealer markup. I told them to stick it. They had it on their lot for $10,000 over from August until they lowered it to $7,500 over in January. I called to take a test drive and decided to buy at $7,500 over but they brought me a contract for $5,000 over. I was pleasantly surprised. I signed but the salesman came back with the sales manager who said they checked with Ford and since I was the original order placer they could give me a $6,500 rebate. I was stunned but not unhappy. $1,500 under MSRP on the truck I ordered.

I like it a lot more than I expected. Bought for regular trips to the big city 45 miles away. 2,300 miles so far.
Anyone who extended "deferred" their reservation was given that private offer. The amount varied depending on the trim. Pro people got $7000, XLT $6500 and I believe Lariat got $8500. The whole point of the private offer "rebate" was to give the extended reservation holders 23 trucks at 22 pricing. You should have got the truck at MSRP minus $6500. Just confused, when you told them "to stick it" did you cancel your order or just let the dealer have it and lose your reservation? The XLT you got was it the one you originally ordered or a different one they had on the lot?

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice!

LOL. More likely Ford came down on them like a ton of bricks and told them if they want to keep their preferred dealership status they better honor your contract price. There have been a number of cases like this where dealers tried to mark up reservations and Ford has been very good about "encouraging" them not to once called out.
At the time they first mentioned the ADM I whined, complained to every Ford entity I could find, found a dealer with no ADM and tried to transfer all to no avail so I canceled. No relief there. The dealer does provide a lot of farm trucks in this state so I was able to get several people to place orders for their new diesel trucks with a different dealer. I think I cost them five sales and maybe eight.

When I called to go in and test drive I never let on it was the truck I had ordered.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you please pick lottery numbers for me this week? You seem to be quite lucky. Enjoy the truck, it is a great truck. I have had the Lariat since Oct 2022 ... just 1200 miles for me
:LOL::ROFLMAO: I know about the lottery.

Patience paid off for me. This is my daily driver. Between my 2015 F350 and 2007 FJ Cruiser I was averaging 15 mpg. I'm averaging 2.0 mi/kwh on the Lightning. At $3.00 per gallon and 30,000 miles per year that's 2,000 gallons of gasoline or $6,000 for fuel. That would be15,000 kwh on the Lightning. At $0.11/kwh that's $1,650 for fuel. So if I save $4,350 per year that's a 14 year payback, not including oil and filters. Now I don't expect it to last 14 years but just like a women's clothing sale the more I drive the more I save.

We'll see how long this fancy golf cart lasts.

I've ordered a bumper sticker: Powered by coal and natural gas...

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone who extended "deferred" their reservation was given that private offer. The amount varied depending on the trim. Pro people got $7000, XLT $6500 and I believe Lariat got $8500. The whole point of the private offer "rebate" was to give the extended reservation holders 23 trucks at 22 pricing. You should have got the truck at MSRP minus $6500. Just confused, when you told them "to stick it" did you cancel your order or just let the dealer have it and lose your reservation? The XLT you got was it the one you originally ordered or a different one they had on the lot?
I had extended my reservation when the PRO trim wasn't available.

I fully cancelled it. Used profanity to the lady sales manager, something about her big... Got my $1,100 back so they could resell at their $10,000 ADM. They nor Ford would say anything about the private offer rebate at the time I cancelled. I was really pissed.

I had the VIN and watched it on their lot. No price, "Call for Price".

I kept getting emails from Ford thanking me for my loyalty etc.

I called in December and they had it $7,500 over. In January I was wanting to buy and available trucks with price increase were no better deal. I decided I would pay $7,500 over. Then they pulled the $5,000 over and added the $6,500 incentive. So I paid $1,500 under MSRP which was $5,000 over my original order price.

I'm actually happy about it but wish I'd known about ADM before I placed the order because I could have found an honest dealer with no ADM.

· Registered
35 Posts
Over the years I’ve had many bad experiences with car dealers and actually a couple of good ones. The bad ones make you want to go home and take a shower just to wash the slime off. I credit Ford for at least trying to fix the dealer experience but on the other hand when Ford realized that dealers could get a 15k ADM, they raised their Lightning prices by that much and then forced dealers to sell at MSRP. Humm! Anyway you look at it, once you’ve bought the vehicle, you want someone local to do service when needed. I’ve owned a Tesla since 2016 and service has been either fantastic or sorely lacking. Such is life. Seriously doubt that Ford wants to own and manage nationwide service centers, so we are going to have to put up with dealers. Take your business to the good ones.

· Registered
2023 Ford Lightning ER Lariat
101 Posts

A '22 with a slight discount is typical for that order given they tacked on a few price increases while you waited forever. I got 2 '23s for MSRPs - $20k fed/state incentives since I sold one EV for profit.

· Registered
1 Posts
Aloha, I’m waiting to order truck and called my dealership. They told me Windward Ford and all Hawaii dealerships will be marking up at least 10k to msrp! ☹

could I get the info for who you contacted at Ford Corporate. I’d like to be ready when I order.

Mahalo (Thank you)

· Registered
2023 Ford Lightning ER Lariat
101 Posts
Aloha, I’m waiting to order truck and called my dealership. They told me Windward Ford and all Hawaii dealerships will be marking up at least 10k to msrp! ☹

could I get the info for who you contacted at Ford Corporate. I’d like to be ready when I order.

Mahalo (Thank you)
Electricity is 3 cents/kwh here v 30 cents for you there or do you have solar that covers it? Best of luck.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Mahalo (Thank you)
I suggest you call every dealer. My dealer also told me they all were marking up. Not so. I know yours is a limited market.

I just called the numbers on the Ford website.

· Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Andy
I reserved in June 2021 cant wait to get to order my base xlt, All the contradiction and nonsense flying around regarding ordering has me totally,utterly confuse. Im a retired working stiff, no teslas in the garage Lol.
only 2 new car I’ve ever gotten. So no experience w dealers. The one im hooked up w is a no adm dealer.
But confused about what Ford will do when my name comes up. I am glad to Ford is working the “ bugs” out before I get mine. Excited this truck will fit my life perfectly and it will allow me to get rid of 2 vehicals.
Just hope I get the invite, after that I’ll have to feel my way through.

· Registered
372 Posts
CA rates will always be super high/rolling blackouts given incompetent governance - Douglas County PUD WA - it was 2.33.
Or more accurately stated:

Basic charge: $13.00 per month Energy charge: $0.0233 per KWH Demand charge: $3.80 per kilowatt of demand in excess of 30 kilowatts. $0.0268 -50,000 KWH and over Demand charge: $2.20 per kilowatt of demand in excess of 50 kilowatts.

Still a low rate location but not quite as cheap as you make it sound when adding in vehicle and home usage.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts