⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Once you get a blend date, most likely you already have a vin number.
Read this thread to scrub a vin from your reservation site.
Tracking Your Truck Through Build and Delivery
My truck is also SUPPOSEDLY being built this week. I actually received an email from Ford 10/20 or 10/21 when the "order" was placed with the VIN in it. Mine is a Lariat ER so I got a notice last week that Ford couldn't get the tires that were supposed to be on it with other tires and there is a thread on the forum that it COULD affect the 4th digit of my VIN???? I've used the as built and it acknowledges the VIN (actually both VINs all the original looks better) but the modules aren't populated yet an when I do the window sticker it still says it "has not been released for this vehicle" so I'm guessing I'm being too impatient.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Does your 23 make a click noise when you take off from a stop or when you stop? Mine does and dealer says it’s normal. They all do it. Does yours?
Could it be the electric application and release of the brakes when you stop with brake hold on? Maybe try turning brake hold off and listening to see if the noise goes away. The electric servo sound at the wheels isn't what I would describe as a click, but when it releases, there's something close.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I wish mine had come with a paper manual. That old paper technology works better for random browsing than the built-in version on the 15" screen.
Voltz, yes, it will cost money, but I think a print copy of the '22 manual is available on the ford site.

As much as it burns me that a paper copy is not automatic, I plan on ordering one if that is the case for me. They can take my paper books out of my cold, dead hands! LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is the latest on mine. It was scheduled to be built yesterday but was sent offsite. Probably missing some parts or something. At least I hope not...

View attachment 5005
Sorry to hear it was sent offsite, hope it's ready for you soon. Is this screen shot from a site I would be able to visit to review my order or did you get that from the dealer?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered my Lariat 8 days ago. 4 days ago, my dealer said that he could remove the retractable tonneau cover from my order, but when he tried, he said the system wouldn't let him change anything on the order. Today, the Ford site says that i have a production week of 01-09-23. You would think that a small ammendment like that should be able to go through, being so far away from the build week.

Do you guys know of a way to contact Ford and see if I can get that removed from the order?

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered my Lariat 8 days ago. 4 days ago, my dealer said that he could remove the retractable tonneau cover from my order, but when he tried, he said the system wouldn't let him change anything on the order. Today, the Ford site says that i have a production week of 01-09-23. You would think that a small ammendment like that should be able to go through, being so far away from the build week.

Do you guys know of a way to contact Ford and see if I can get that removed from the order?

Thanks.
Unfortunately, If the truck is already serialized there is no way of changing anything on it.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts