⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

The Ford F-150 Lightning is not selling as well as Ford expected?

16K views 41 replies 34 participants last post by  Busted 
I am no longer a dealer, and my password to check lot inventory stopped working sometime ago. Obviously I have a lot of friends still in the business, to include an ex-wife who is still the Finance Manager at a dealership.

As documented in prior posts, I canceled my order. I have zero doubt that I will be able to pick up an ER @ <MSRP by August. SR's should be well under MSRP by then, and should be in fire-sale territory by '24.

Last Friday one of my buddies who is keeping an eye on the trucks for me at the dealership called with another ER for MSRP. While I was on the phone with him I asked directly about the widely spreading rumor of over a thousand units on Ford lots nationwide. In typical car salesman fashion, he lowered his voice as if telling me a deep dark secret, but admitted "yes."

Anybody looking for an SR, buy one; they are currently available, and readily so at MSRP. But seriously, don't order one. ER's are, and will be in shorter supply, so ordering those makes more sense.

Agree, except your timeline is off. Below MSRP by April and fire sale by end of year -- especially if GM and Tesla go in production with 400+ mile range - though the GM's high price may slow some of the fire.
Yes, I am being generous with that timeline LOL.

I say August by the latest because that is when Ford is projecting to have ramped to full production capacity, or at least close to it.

That said, a lot can happen. For instance, today Ford may have taken a hit with a Chinese supplier they were counting on for batteries. Second hand information (so add salt) but something pulled from the ocean floor off the Carolinas had a name on it that could really damage Ford's supply chain.

So we will watch and see.
🤷