⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out I am 7th at a dealership with over 50 reservations. The thing that concerns me is a lack of commitment to not add ADM.

Was curious if anyone knows if I am lucky enough to be able to place an order in the near future, once ordering waves begin, could I switch to another local Ford dealer at that point to a dealer that I know will not add ADM.

I fear moving (if I even can) at this point (Jan 2nd as of this posting) might screw up my place in line at another dealer.

Anyone have more than speculation about my inquiry?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Found out I am 7th at a dealership with over 50 reservations. The thing that concerns me is a lack of commitment to not add ADM.

Was curious if anyone knows if I am lucky enough to be able to place an order in the near future, once ordering waves begin, could I switch to another local Ford dealer at that point to a dealer that I know will not add ADM.

I fear moving (if I even can) at this point (Jan 2nd as of this posting) might screw up my place in line at another dealer.

Anyone have more than speculation about my inquiry?
You Would be last in line at the other Dealer

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You Would be last in line at the other Dealer
At the mercy of the dealership with mark ups I guess. I guess I can only hope they are kind if I am lucky enough to get to try and order.
Would have been really nice to have known ahead of time which dealers to stay away from. Hindsight is 20/20

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,694 Posts
Lock in the price at ordering time and get it in writing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If the dealer is messing with upping the already high MSRP prices, there is a number to call to switch your reservation. How To Transfer Reservation I think the reservation date/time will still be respected at the next dealer. One needs to get an email from other dealers general managers guaranteeing that they are not going to pad with Additional Dealer Markup, accessories, dealer add-ons, extra documentation and preparation fees. Otherwise, wait it out and hope that the "Build Back Better" EV rebates will apply again for GM & Tesla trucks? Too bad Ford was not farther ahead with battery supplies.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I talked to ford, basically the same sitch. They said that the dealers got to put in a priority list, back in October, but they can’t do anything with it now. Ford is going by the priority list first, then by time stamps at the respective dealerships. They said that if you switch dealerships, you will get refunded the $100 reservation fee and not have to pay another one, but it may take a week to have you updated With the new dealer in fords system, and you can’t place the order until you are updated in the system. That won’t affect your invitation, you can get invited, then switch to the new dealer, tou’ll just have to wait a week to order, while the system updates.
there was some other good stuff on the call, but I forgot.

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
495 Posts
I talked to ford, basically the same sitch. They said that the dealers got to put in a priority list, back in October, but they can’t do anything with it now. Ford is going by the priority list first, then by time stamps at the respective dealerships. They said that if you switch dealerships, you will get refunded the $100 reservation fee and not have to pay another one, but it may take a week to have you updated With the new dealer in fords system, and you can’t place the order until you are updated in the system. That won’t affect your invitation, you can get invited, then switch to the new dealer, tou’ll just have to wait a week to order, while the system updates.
there was some other good stuff on the call, but I forgot.
When I switched my dealer was updated live while I was on the phone with them. I hit refresh and it was there. I don't believe the week update part.

Reactions: TeslaDriver
1 - 8 of 8 Posts