⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ford F-150 XLT Sport FX4 / 2013 Ford Focus ST
51 Posts
When you talk to them again, ask them what inverter options are available for the Home integration system, even if you are only interested in having the charger installed. I just want to see what they are offering customers who are getting the HIS with or without solar installs too in states that they service. I feel like SunRun is basically pushing everyone that is not getting a solar install, to the back of the list and if you are not in a state they service you are getting the “left-over” products. Really stinks
I will ask my pushy sales person after my second site survey and see what he says. I probably won’t hear from him for a few weeks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
They want a signature for $14,000. Since that is a no-deal for me, I’m not signing anything. They are being really pushy and it is ridiculously expensive. I have a generator hook-up plug in my garage so if the electricity goes out, I’ll have to walk all the way into the garage and plug it into the Lightning…..much better than spending $14,000 for it to happen automatically.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,398 Posts
They want a signature for $14,000. Since that is a no-deal for me, I’m not signing anything. They are being really pushy and it is ridiculously expensive. I have a generator hook-up plug in my garage so if the electricity goes out, I’ll have to walk all the way into the garage and plug it into the Lightning…..much better than spending $14,000 for it to happen automatically.
Note that a standard generator hook up probably won't work without modification. There are other threads and even videos on this. I'm with you that a non-automatic option makes much more sense. In the meantime, $14K can also buy a lot of extension cords!

Reactions: Bandit

·
Registered
2022 Lightning Lariat
17 Posts
I spent some time with an electrician regarding integrating solar with my Lightning and possibly a future home battery. The electrician, using Sunrun technical data provided by Sunrun, did some calculations to figure the size of inverter I will need. I would need a 10kW inverter. Now the fun starts! Sunrun does not do business here in Minnesota so they sent me to the site, AEEexpress. This site has only the 4kW inverter available. So I contacted Sunrun and asked how I would obtain a 10kW inverter. I was told that the inverters larger than 4kW are not for sale unless Sunrun installs the whole system. Due to the fact that the Ford charge station pro is not a "true" bidirectional charger, it exports DC power not AC, the Inverter from Sunrun is required to tie the Lightning into solar and/or backup power. Because of Sunrun and Ford's arrangement there is no way for me to build the integrated system I want/need. Wow. Someone is not seeing the big picture here.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Sunrun does not do business here in Minnesota so they sent me to the site, AEEexpress. This site has only the 4kW inverter available. So I contacted Sunrun and asked how I would obtain a 10kW inverter.
You probably should call Delta. It's their equipment. Sunrun is the installer and FCSP distributor. Click on the DOWNLOADS tab on the AEE web site for other info. Here is a direct pdf link with contact information, E10_BDI:

·
Registered
2022 Lightning Lariat
17 Posts
You probably should call Delta. It's their equipment. Sunrun is the installer and FCSP distributor. Click on the DOWNLOADS tab on the AEE web site for other info. Here is a direct pdf link with contact information, E10_BDI:

Thanks Voltz! I have the same paperwork and it was staring me straight in the face. Couldn't see the Forest for the Trees. I will post later what I hear from Delta. (Incidentally my Solar experienced Electrician is impressed with the listed Tech data on these integrated Inverters).

21 - 26 of 26 Posts