⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This F150 Lightning reservation process just gets more and more interesting (i.e., screwed up).

The dealer I chose was sold/bought out after I placed my reservation. Ford sent me (and my neighbor) an email saying they were refunding the $100 deposit because of the ownership transfer, but my reservation was still valid. She said there was something wonky going on with the system and the reservation would show up again at some point.

Looking at my account the reservation was gone from my account. I called Ford and the helpful Rep told me she could still see it in the system. My dealer still has me on their list as well.

Today, after reading about Wave 3 going on, I decided to login and see if my reservation info had updated. It sure did:

Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Number Document

WTF!?!?! What the heck does this mean.

I need to call the dealer tomorrow and ask them what's up.

Anyone see this on their account?

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,406 Posts
This F150 Lightning reservation process just gets more and more interesting (i.e., screwed up).

The dealer I chose was sold/bought out after I placed my reservation. Ford sent me (and my neighbor) an email saying they were refunding the $100 deposit because of the ownership transfer, but my reservation was still valid. She said there was something wonky going on with the system and the reservation would show up again at some point.

Looking at my account the reservation was gone from my account. I called Ford and the helpful Rep told me she could still see it in the system. My dealer still has me on their list as well.

Today, after reading about Wave 3 going on, I decided to login and see if my reservation info had updated. It sure did:

View attachment 1372

WTF!?!?! What the heck does this mean.

I need to call the dealer tomorrow and ask them what's up.

Anyone see this on their account?
Someone else posted that same message earlier today. Sounds like the dealer has to fix something on their end.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I emailed my dealer last night but hadn't heard back as of about 3PM EST.

The last time I was there the "manager" gave me his card, so I took it out to call him. Turns out he's listed on his card as the "Pre-owned Sales Manager". Wouldn't matter to me if he had answers, but he really doesn't.

It amazes me how much information we get from this (and other similar) forum, but the Dealers are pretty clueless.

When I asked why I was getting the above screen shot he asked me if I got an email from Ford. Then he proceeded to tell me that until I got said email, I couldn't place an order. Gee, thanks. I told him that the last time I was at the dealership when I met him.

I asked again why I was getting the email, and why they weren't allowing customers to order online. His response, "Oh, we turned that off so you have to order through us and we can get you to sign the order papers. That way you can't say you didn't get the right thing later."

Okay, that seems understandable... kind of. I was under the impression that we'd have to sign something anyway. I'd want something signed regardless; that way I'd know (a) the order was placed, (b) it was what I wanted, and (c) the price was in writing with no additional markup or added "extras".

He then went on to tell me that Wave 3 just started (which I told him in my email). And that he couldn't tell me my position at the dealer because it depended on what wave Ford put me in and when I got the email.

So frustrating trying to talk to these people. Can't get a straight answer to anything.

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
412 Posts
I asked again why I was getting the email, and why they weren't allowing customers to order online. His response, "Oh, we turned that off so you have to order through us and we can get you to sign the order papers. That way you can't say you didn't get the right thing later."

Okay, that seems understandable...
You are more understandable than I and most everyone else these days. No excuse for turning online ordering off. It is the future, it is the way Ford wants it. It gives you the power. It takes their extra push garbage on you away from the sale. You are entering into an agreement to buy and you are paying them a deposit to do so. It doesn't require you do it in front of them.

Reactions: dcreeron

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, after all that, this shows up in my Ford account tonight... I wonder if complaining to the dealer made them change something, or if it was a Ford site screw-up:

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Car

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,406 Posts
So, after all that, this shows up in my Ford account tonight... I wonder if complaining to the dealer made them change something, or if it was a Ford site screw-up:

View attachment 1379
I think the dealer made sure whatever it was got fixed. Whether it was their fault or Ford’s doesn’t matter. It’s fixed.

Now you just have to await your invitation

1 - 8 of 8 Posts