⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

Soft brakes?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ChasingCoral 
#1 ·
This story claims brakes fade quickly. I wonder if regenerative braking was turned on?
The story

#2 ·
I'm assuming it was without regen on since they were testing that specifically. And it is an extreme case, if it gives them pause then don't drive like that while towing lol.

With the rise of Tesla we saw a spike in carelessness when it comes to the speed you can obtain with the instant torque. Not all were fatal but still dangerous when not respected. That speed was generally obtained by spending a considerable more in money and in those cases even Elon himself crashed (a Mclaren? I forget). I hope we don't see similar spikes with people in trucks and while towing. I get worried now with people towing stuff that are driving faster than me, and I just imagine someone with an EV truck going "oh I can make that..." And with squish brakes, that shouldn't be the driving profile.

#3 ·
REGEN is always 'On'... but regen with one-pedal driving is a different story, with 'more' feel of the regen slowing you, and even bringing you to a COMPLETE stop, and even HOLDING you at the stop.
REGEN without one-pedal on is simply not going to feel quite the same, is going to allow for more 'coasting', and will require more of your own input with the foot brake, although the weight of the truck is going to put a lot more pressure on the brakes than in any other EV before.

I would hope that there is a 'REGEN LIMIT' setting, of sorts, to allow the driver to manage or 'set' the amount of REGEN they are comfortable with. One recent new owner stated that he didn't 'like' the one-pedal driving action since when he came off the 'go pedal' he expected to coast more, but the one-pedal provided 'too much' REGEN for his liking. I would like to see that customizable setting, myself. I've owned and driven Nissan LEAFS for some time, and love the ability to allow it to do it's 'normal' REGEN action, or to add it that by putting the gear into 'B' mode, which provides MUCH MORE Regen, depending on the situation. In traffic, I certainly LOVE the 'B' mode, but if coasting is more desireable, such as down hills, then I don't want it.

Reactions: 2023 lighting
#4 ·
Regeneration should also change among driving modes. It is my understanding that the pedal mapping for acceleration and deceleration/regeneration are adjusted as you switch among modes just like they are on the Mustang Mach E.

Reactions: 2023 lighting
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.