⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am a 2001 7.3 diesel owner of 15 years and just decided to make the jump to ev. After searching the entire east coast for a few months I was finally able to score an elusive pro mannequin. I've had it since Tuesday and have been loving it. I still have my 7.3 but am very quickly not wanting to be associated with those modern diesel d-bags anymore. Probably going to have to sell it.:p I am less and less likely to reach for the 7.3 keys every time I pass the gas stations and see the price of diesel and laugh as I pass by. I actually haven't driven it once since getting the lightning, and I never would have dreamed this would be the case.

· Registered
207 Posts
I've had my lightning for almost 6 months. I still have my 2000 7.3, and intend to keep for foreseeable future, as it really serves a different purpose than the lightning, but certainly appreciate the lower cost of driving.

Reactions: White Lightning

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had my lightning for almost 6 months. I still have my 2000 7.3, and intend to keep for foreseeable future, as it really serves a different purpose than the lightning, but certainly appreciate the lower cost of driving.
My 7.3 was the newest vehicle I own next to my 95 wrangler and my 76 nova. At 50 years old I have never had a new vehicle (7.3 had 50k when I got it). I'm definitely appreciating driving a modern vehicle. Taking my first family road trip in the lightning tomorrow. Wish me luck

· Registered
20 Posts
Hello all. I am a 2001 7.3 diesel owner of 15 years and just decided to make the jump to ev. After searching the entire east coast for a few months I was finally able to score an elusive pro mannequin. I've had it since Tuesday and have been loving it. I still have my 7.3 but am very quickly not wanting to be associated with those modern diesel d-bags anymore. Probably going to have to sell it.:p I am less and less likely to reach for the 7.3 keys every time I pass the gas stations and see the price of diesel and laugh as I pass by. I actually haven't driven it once since getting the lightning, and I never would have dreamed this would be the case.
Love It!! I too scored a mannequin (@MSRP) for $5K dn on the condition that I let the dealership keep it util last week. It was the precise Lariat max tow, long range truck for which I had submitted a build (down to the color). I just got lucky and walked into the dealership the day after it arrived.

I'm still keeping my 5.7 loaded Tundra w/250+mi - I need it for long hauls. Like you, I feel born again.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love It!! I too scored a mannequin (@MSRP) for $5K dn on the condition that I let the dealership keep it util last week. It was the precise Lariat max tow, long range truck for which I had submitted a build (down to the color). I just got lucky and walked into the dealership the day after it arrived.

I'm still keeping my 5.7 loaded Tundra w/250+mi - I need it for long hauls. Like you, I feel born again.
Freaking amazing! Enjoy! Today
I just found a free supercharger 2 minutes from work. I can fill up from 30% to 80% on my lunch break with ease. Free fuel! I'm dreaming 😂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts