⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got the bad news, delivery window of a R1S is April/may 2022, just increased by $13,000. Bunch of folks are cancelling their reservations and are super mad and unhappy with rivian. I‘m still debating whether to cancel or not. It’s so close to the delivery window and It‘s so wrong of rivian to do this while they are so close to delivering their truck and SUV. Yes, the increase for everyone that does not have the Rivian vehicle at this time is between 15-20%.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,406 Posts
They were always underpriced. This doesn't surprise me at all.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I was just looking at the configurator, looks on par with the Lightning for a Dual Motor and somewhat similar pack.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,406 Posts
I was just looking at the configurator, looks on par with the Lightning for a Dual Motor and somewhat similar pack.
Variable height suspension? Pass-through gear tunnel. Lots of various added features.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When you been waiting since nov 27,2018…it so depressing,frustrating, and angry, as why such a high increase. Rivian could have increase the cost by structuring the increase in percentage increments every 6 months….example..nov/dec 2018+4% increase, jan-June 2019+6% increase, July-dec 2019, 8% increase, and so on. It such a huge amount of increase all at once that it shocked most potential buyers and knocked a lot of them out of the rivian market. Such disappointment from a up and coming auto maker. Makes everyone think twice as what rivian is capable of.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Variable height suspension? Pass-through gear tunnel. Lots of various added features.
That's why I said on par, cause just dual motor and battery pack, you can drop the price for the Lightning but if you go up the trim, you are getting things the Rivian doesn't have. Massage seats, power in the bed, or just the butt ton of outlets, the power frunk, work top surface. So just doing dual motor, 300+ pack, and the color I'd want the Rivian was ~81k and the Lariat is ~80k. Then I plopped on another 3-4k in additional options for the Rivian (some of which are already included in that 80k price for the Lariat). But then I remember, you can buy the charging station in addition and with the similar battery pack size, Ford is including that in the cost of theirs. A station that is more powerful and allows for bi-directional.

They are 2 vehicles with completely different focuses.

And I guess my main point in saying it is that at that price point, it is competitive. I don't see why it wouldn't go up by the time it is available, so lock it in now.

(Just noticed the R1S doesn't have the max pack available)

·
Administrator
1,406 Posts
Fortunately, Rivian has backtracked on that increase for existing pre-order holders:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Fortunately, Rivian has backtracked on that increase for existing pre-order holders:
Well that escalated quickly. It looks like anyone who cancelled their order can re-order with the original pricing. That sounds like it's going to be such a mess to deal with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts