⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster- new member. Hello to all.

I am curious if anyone else has heard that Ford intends to cancel all reservations for Lightnings that were not given the opportunity to order as of March 31, 2022. I ask because I contacted Ford today and was told that all ordering for model year 2022 would be complete on March 31 and that they were going to refund deposits and re-open the reservation/order process in mid-August. As one who made my reservation on the day of the product launch presentation, that was not welcome news to me and probably not to the 180,000 others who would be in the same boat.

I would be interested to know if anyone has heard the same information.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,967 Posts
Something smells like troll here. Just joined 3 hours ago, dropped a stink bomb in two separate threads. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Concur, I smell something stinky
I understand why you would think I’m a troll but I came here looking for information after calling Ford MPH (Marketing Program Headquarters) yesterday. I joined this site so that I could ask the question and hope to find answers. Hoping that I had been given bad information. I was on the phone call for about 25 minutes looking for answers. I asked them why my reservation made 31 minutes after the lightning launch event started hadn’t been converted to an invite to order. I figured there were possibly several thousand people in front of me but not tens of thousands and that an invite should be coming. They told me that because of chip shortages they were going to produce 40% of the vehicles they had planned. I asked if having selected a small dealership meant that I would never get a chance to actually place an order and they said that could mean there would be a long wait. I asked what would happen if I moved the reservation to a different t dealer and that is when they told me that after March 31, the invites for the year would be done and that new ordering would start again mid-August. I asked for clarification about existing reservations and they said that they would start over in August and they they would be giving first priority to those who had placed orders but not yet been given a VIN. Of course that was shocking information to hear andI asked again if they were just going to cancel all those reservations including mine. The agent told me they were. I asked why they would do that to piss off 180,000 reservation holders. He said that was above his pay grade. I asked if I could be put in touch with someone whose pay grade it was and they told me there was no one they could transfer me to. It was near the end of the day at the call center and I didn’t call back to try to talk to someone else to verifythe information I was given so I searched online to see if anyone else had reported that same information and found this forum. I joined to ask the question. I hope the info is wrong and that is why I was looking to verify it. I am calling Ford today and can report back what I find.

·
Registered
Lariat 511A
163 Posts
I will bet donuts to dollars they will offer existing reservation holders first crack to re-register at an attempt to clean out those not interested any longer, kinda makes sense, they will likely do that several times over the next 1-2 years to keep their list clean and accurate. I feel very fortunate to have got a truck ordered and coming in Junish as I only reserved in late Oct, (sorry about that) as I know I would be a little ticked off at me getting a truck befor earlier reservation holders, my dealer 90 reservations and six trucks for 2022 - Ford should have not put into the hands of the dealers as to who gets one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tesla = First In / First Out.

Sad that Ford Blue will probably be a way to screw dealers by setting up an alter ego entity with whom they do not have a contract, but Ford’s dealer system (allocations, list shenanigans at the dealer and predatory business practices) drove the decision.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wonder if they will issue the final round Thursday 4/7, and give those folks until the end of April to do or die.
I extended my reservation 2/18 b/c XLT was sold out. For the hell of it I checked last night 4/5 and it told me XLT and Lariat were not sold out. My dealer was sketch so I called 1-800 to chamge dealers before trying to order this morning and the women was shocked it didn’t say sold out.
I switched dealers only to find out from that dealer they couldn’t place the order b/c they already went through all their allotments.

wtf??!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I extended my reservation 2/18 b/c XLT was sold out. For the hell of it I checked last night 4/5 and it told me XLT and Lariat were not sold out. My dealer was sketch so I called 1-800 to chamge dealers before trying to order this morning and the women was shocked it didn’t say sold out.
I switched dealers only to find out from that dealer they couldn’t place the order b/c they already went through all their allotments.

wtf??!!
I think you were just looking at the build and price tool, which will let you configure any model - even a Pro. But when you get to the bottom of the page where the "Order" button would be, it says "Get Updates" instead.

Those who were invited to order had until March 31st to do so. Now that the deadline has passed we cannot order any model. There's no need to put "Sold Out" labels on the various models because there's no possibility of ordering any of them anyway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think you were just looking at the build and price tool, which will let you configure any model - even a Pro. But when you get to the bottom of the page where the "Order" button would be, it says "Get Updates" instead.

Those who were invited to order had until March 31st to do so. Now that the deadline has passed we cannot order any model. There's no need to put "Sold Out" labels on the various models because there's no possibility of ordering any of them anyway.
Nope! Been on the website a million times. This was different. Literally did not say sold out like it used to.

·
Registered
2012 F250-PSD, 2006 Harley VROD Destroyer
417 Posts

wtf??!!
Since you already EXTENDED, you're protected for Summer 2022 to order a MY23

You passed by your chance for a Lariat or Platinum, the only choices available through 3/31.

The April offers will go to NEXT IN LINE, not given a chance between 1/6 and 3/3.

Good luck getting a PRO or XLT to your liking in August

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.