⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the wipers set to auto, but all this recent rain and not once did the wipers come on by themselves. they are turned on in the settings. and the dial is set to auto mode. Is there something I am missing?

· Registered
28 Posts
The 'O' is off. As you rotate the switch each setting becomes more sensitive. There has to be an off setting for the carwash.

I had to look that up in the owner's manual. It's super intuitive if you don't think you have rain sensing wipers.😆

· Registered
2023 Antimatter Blue Lariat ER
9 Posts
So mine will just run continuously whether it's raining or not. I have them set to auto in the menu, but if I move the ring to anything other than off they run just like normal wipers.

· Registered
28 Posts
So mine will just run continuously whether it's raining or not. I have them set to auto in the menu, but if I move the ring to anything other than off they run just like normal wipers.
No delay? That seems strange.

Mine work more or less as advertised but it's not a "set it and forget it" system. I'd say the benefit is not manually adjusting the switch as much as a traditional system.

· Registered
2023 Antimatter Blue Lariat ER
9 Posts
No delay? That seems strange.

Mine work more or less as advertised but it's not a "set it and forget it" system. I'd say the benefit is not manually adjusting the switch as much as a traditional system.
Yeah. My wife has a Lincoln Aviator and the rain sensing wipers work amazing in hers. I need to look at the windshield on mine and see if maybe the dealer or Ford put a sticker or decal or something on it by accident. there are a few decals on the windshield, and one is in the center around where that sensor is (says like 75 years of F1 Series or something). I'll take it in and have them look at it eventually if I can't figure it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts