Ford Lightning Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I logged in to ford.com to confirm my (very late to the game) Lightning reservation and noticed is comes up as a reservation for a 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT. I will be needing a Lariat when it's time to order, not sure how it came up as XLT on the reservation. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm assuming it won't be a problem at order time, just wanted to get opinions from those more familiar to the Ford ordering process.

·
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
280 Posts
That shouldn’t be a problem. Such changes can usually be made up until the time the truck is scheduled for build. I don’t even recall the reservation system asking for a trim level. The system may just have defaulted to XLT.

·
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
280 Posts
Thanks, that make me feel better. I thought it was strange too, I don't remember making any specific designation of trim like that.
I just checked my reservation and it says XLT. I'm sure I didn't tell Ford that as I'm most probably going to get a Lariat.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Volt
6 Posts
Does anyone remember when the reservations opened up for the Lightning? My reservation was back in May, but I didn’t remember when Ford first opened up the reservations. Thanks.

·
280 Posts
Does anyone remember when the reservations opened up for the Lightning? My reservation was back in May, but I didn’t remember when Ford first opened up the reservations. Thanks.
The evening of May 19th.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum @wdarner. Did you consider any other trims before going with the Lariat?
Thanks!
I need the Lariat trim because I have to have the power folding mirrors. I have a narrow opening in my parking space that barely fits with the mirrors folded. I don't want to have to do that manually. From what I've been told, folding mirrors can't be added to the XLT, even as an option; hence, it's Lariat for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts