⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s wonderful black magic to me, but I have a question. If a dealer has 1 lightning allocation for the year, and I change my order from Shithead Ford to them, does my order at the new dealership have to wait until a year when they have enough allocations?
i wonder if that’s why Shithead Ford is so confident with their adm.

·
Registered
136 Posts
as for the ADM, I think any dealer can certainly conclude that with the large interest in this truck, that they have no problem leveraging that into more profits, I can't blame them. Yet, I also don't like it, but, it's their right. We don't have to buy anything, although someone right behind us may be willing to see that ADM as nothing more than the cost of doing business to get what they want. They may not have 'waited' in line for SO long, like us, to have the same aggravation.
My local dealer had it's only Mach-E back in January. The day I got my invitation to ORDER my Lightning, I walked into the dealership to have a quick chat with them. I noticed that the Mach-E had been moved from the front road-side grass area, to the side of the building, where it was plugged into their new Level 2 charger. I commented on the Mach-E and was happily told that they had just SOLD it, ONLINE, to an out-of-state buyer, who paid 10% ABOVE the MSRP, AND would also be paying a hefty price to have it SHIPPED to them, over 250 miles.
This may have been a previous customer order who decided not to complete the purchase, maybe because of the dealer's ADM, but, regardless, someone else was certainly willing.

I also had another dealer tell me, after I complained about my local dealer's ADM addition, that HE would purchase my Lightning, even with the additional ADM, so that he could then RESELL it on HIS dealer lot, since he has few, or maybe NO, allocations. That's crazy, but that's the reality.

People will spend what people are willing to spend. That is the pure definition of the 'value' of something. We don't like it, regardless.

It makes sense that some dealers are going to stick to their guns, at least for now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Supply and demand at play, BUT what isn’t cool is that the dealer , who in this transaction, is an insignificant artifact of a system that doesn’t apply to the new model of specing and purchasing a model online, is sneaking in these ADMs at the last minute after agreeing not to against the will of the manufacturer, who is the party that I, the buyer have so far only dealt with. Peacock ford was a dealer I picked from a drop down list Of local dealers. I went online to make my reservation Thru ford motor. Peacock is so far, unable or unwilling, to provide any meaningful or honest information. In my opinion, they are not acting as the broker they are intended to be to facilitate this transaction. Providing no useful function other than the fact that until recently, you went to the lot and bought a car/truck that they went thru the process to order and deliver. My model y delivers on Feb 25. Totally different deal, so smooth, so easy, you dont qyeation whether you are getting hosed after every conversation.
if the dealership was in fact a partner in this transaction or if they assumed ANY risk here, then yes, they could be considered a valuable part of this deal. I just see them as that uncle that comes to ‘crash’ for a few months, and drinks all the beer and never refills the toilet paper roll.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No, a lot of these dealers straight up lied and claimed they would not charge ADM and are now doing it anyways. Ford moco said that excessive markups would be dealt with by punishing the dealerships with less allocations in the future. The company that makes it sets the price (profit for them included), the fact that we have to go through these middlemen is ridiculous and antiquated. All this really is is disaster profiteering by the dealerships.

Luckily, I think there is a way to screw them over right back. It's my understanding that once you are selected to configure and order your lightning, but before ordering, you can move your reservation at that point and keep your car. It seems like once your reservation has an allocation tied to it it's tied to your reservation and not the dealership. So you can move your business to a dealership that doesn't charge ADM and finalize the deal with no ADM thereby screwing over the bad dealership and supporting the good ones. You do step over everybody else in line at the good dealership, but if you did you were ahead of them in line anyways. Least that's how I understand it. It's what I will try doing if my number ever comes up too. Here's the thread with some info: Can I change my dealer, and still keep my place in line?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Luckily, I think there is a way to screw them over right back. It's my understanding that once you are selected to configure and order your lightning, but before ordering, you can move your reservation at that point and keep your car. It seems like once your reservation has an allocation tied to it it's tied to your reservation and not the dealership. So you can move your business to a dealership that doesn't charge ADM and finalize the deal with no ADM thereby screwing over the bad dealership and supporting the good ones. You do step over everybody else in line at the good dealership, but if you did you were ahead of them in line anyways. Least that's how I understand it. It's what I will try doing if my number ever comes up too. Here's the thread with some info: Can I change my dealer, and still keep my place in line?
I'm following you on this, I hope all wave-4-5-6 folks take full advantage of this, as it's the best and easiest way to control the situation, Farley has left a back door in the process for you to screw the bad dealers. The most important thing you need to do though is scope out those dealers willing to commit to a low or no ADM you're willing to sign onto.

Then no need to haggle and argue with the bad dealers and no need for the FORD CSR folks to manually intervene.

Fingers crossed this works, I wish I had known before I pushed my Wave-3 order.

PS don't be sorry for the other customers at the NO ADM dealer, all your doing is bring in new allocation to fulfill your order/reservation, you actually are not harming them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This is what I am planning to do.

something to be aware of however, not a big issue, but when you do switch dealerships, apparently, you need to do so thru Fomoco, and it may take a week for it to show up in their system. You won’t be able to place your order until you are transferred I. Their system. Small detail, because you will already have your invitation at this point and thus won’t be at risk of not being invited. But if you do wait until you get invited to switch, you may have to wait up til about a week to actually place your order At the new dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts