⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

Project Silent (quiet) frunk!

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  desertfox 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm curious if anyone has looked into or knows where the speaker for the frunk beep maker is located.
Putting my ear against the fenders, it much louder on the passenger side, so that leads me to believe its in that vicinity.

I need to muffle or delete this sound generator for several reasons.

-it annoying. I use the frunk a lot on the daily, so the 3beeps are just bothersome at this point, especially if you are standing next to the frunk and use the frunk release button up front. The pitch and volume of the sound is just too much!!

-brings a lot of unneeded attention to the truck in public places.

-bothers family and neighbors when opening/closing it late at night because I forgot to get something out of the frunk.

I'm sure I can't be alone in my dislike and annoyment from the frunk noise.
With the pinch sensors that can detect an obstruction, I really have no need for this noise box.

I would love to make a modification to make the truck and its frunk more enjoyable to use.

Would love some help to fix this!

See less See more
#2 ·

#4 ·
sounds like duct tape is in your future...

#5 ·
Here is a thread that may be more useful. I'm planning on ordering one as soon as my truck arrives.

#6 ·
Here is a thread that may be more useful. I'm planning on ordering one as soon as my truck arrives.
I'm assuming the frunk speaker is the same one for reverse...

#7 ·
I just listened to mine, and I agree it is on the passenger side. I also think it might be in the frunk hood. It sounded like the beeping was coming from the hood as it lifted up. I also noticed a couple of small wiring harnesses heading that way. Perhaps behind the frunk inner liner?

-Sean

#15 ·
It's not even loud...
It's pretty dim, alright. I think the backup noise sounds like a backhoe that backed off a pier into the water. Back on topic, I'm all in for silencing the frunk noise, especially (software) when logic determines that someone is present or it is opening. I imagine that it would be a high hurdle to get a manufacturer to remove the noise when it is closing with the multiple pinch points.

#18 ·
I did hate the sound the Frunk makes, totally unnecessary in my opinion. I wish they just had an option to silence it from the settings.
I've followed this video to remove the Frunk speaker. Now it's much better
The only wish remains now if the frunk would open/close a bit faster

#19 ·
I did hate the sound the Frunk makes, totally unnecessary in my opinion. I wish they just had an option to silence it from the settings.
I've followed this video to remove the Frunk speaker. Now it's much better
The only wish remains now if the frunk would open/close a bit faster
I removed my frunk speaker a few months ago. I could find no way to do it without removing the entire frunk tub.

When I was in Detroit in September I asked the engineers to provide a software solution. Unlike the backup beeper, the frunk beeper really should be a switch in the controls.

#20 ·
Haven't used my frunk enough to develop disdain for the beeper but I can say with all certainty that the Lightning is WAY better than my '21 Powerboost when exiting the truck. The Powerboost would blare the horn unless the key fob was left inside. Hated that "feature". Lightning lets me in and out without a fuss, key in pocket.