⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
582 Posts
It is just the next step in waiting. That doesn't stop me, and I'm sure most others, from logging in to my account a few times a day just to check.

Most lines that are up to speed they schedule just one or two weeks out. My thought is since this is a new line they are still sorting out problems, they might schedule a few weeks further into the future for planning and ironing out hiccups, but that is just a guess/wish on my part.

I did not catch the dates on Wave 1, but during Wave 2 as the orders were being placed I believe the estimated time to delivery was 24 weeks, which is early July.

·
Registered
PRO IcedBlueSilver - TowTech, MaxTow, 9.6kwProPower: RECEIVED Aug23rd
374 Posts
wave one orders showed 20+ weeks, meaning probably a guess at sometime around mid to late MAY - which is 'mid spring' timing, if that holds up. Of course, they could do something sooner if things work out well on the production line - we'll see. But, not only is it a 'production' timing, but also a 'shipping to the dealer' timing. Some dealers who don't have a lot of other vehicles coming to them could create an even lengthier timeframe before the customer sees their new Lightning arriving. If they had a 'customer pickup' option, I'd drive to Dearborn and pick it up myself.

·
Registered
582 Posts
wave one orders showed 20+ weeks, meaning probably a guess at sometime around mid to late MAY - which is 'mid spring' timing, if that holds up. Of course, they could do something sooner if things work out well on the production line - we'll see. But, not only is it a 'production' timing, but also a 'shipping to the dealer' timing. Some dealers who don't have a lot of other vehicles coming to them could create an even lengthier timeframe before the customer sees their new Lightning arriving. If they had a 'customer pickup' option, I'd drive to Dearborn and pick it up myself.
They are building next to the F150 plant so that gives a little more hope that they will have a few vehicles to ship. However for bigger areas, I'm thinking like Dallas, there should easily be a rail car or two full every few days where they move to central lots then shipped the final miles by truck. I wouldn't think shipping would be an issue. I'm guessing most still go out in a pretty decent time frame, big or small area. Rail first, then by truck.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,447 Posts
My latest intel from within Ford is for the ramp up to full production to begin in March, full speed production in May. Likely OKTB end of June. Deliveries starting July. 🤞

No date on a start of scheduling yet.

Reactions: SethH

·
Registered
2022 F150 XLT Lightning
21 Posts
My dealer told me that they have a demo unit that is showing scheduled for April, he said that the demo units going to dealer are usually the first ones to get scheduled so that Ford can work the bugs out of the system with these units rather than customer units.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,447 Posts
My dealer told me that they have a demo unit that is showing scheduled for April, he said that the demo units going to dealer are usually the first ones to get scheduled so that Ford can work the bugs out of the system with these units rather than customer units.
Yes, Ford has also said demo units would be out before customer units. However, the Mach E roll out didn't quite work that way. Some customer deliveries preceded the arrival of demos. While I had ridden in a pre-production prototype earlier, the first Mach E I drove was mine.

We'll see how it actually works out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Today I got email communication from my dealer with 400 orders on Lightning and 25 on the priority list, and I was #7, that they only have 3 allocations for the entire 22MY, so they told me don't wait up for 22MY and I have to wait for 23MY, which is ridiculous. So don't get your hopes up, looks like Ford is going to produce even less than you think and maybe they are prioritizing certain regions. So, it is true that dealers with that many orders and a 25 priority list will only get 4 Lightnings for the year 2022. I am glad I put a reservation for Rivian. I knew F-150 Lightning is for PR and select a small number of people who plan to advertise it on YouTube nothing more. Ford = Blackout Communication, Unknown, Just PR.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Today I got email communication from my dealer with 400 orders on Lightning and 25 on the priority list, and I was #7, that they only have 3 allocations for the entire 22MY, so they told me don't wait up for 22MY and I have to wait for 23MY, which is ridiculous. So don't get your hopes up, looks like Ford is going to produce even less than you think and maybe they are prioritizing certain regions. So, it is true that dealers with that many orders and a 25 priority list will only get 4 Lightnings for the year 2022. I am glad I put a reservation for Rivian. I knew F-150 Lightning is for PR and select a small number of people who plan to advertise it on YouTube nothing more. Ford = Blackout Communication, Unknow, Just PR.
I understand the frustrations, but keep us updated on the delivery of that Rivian and go ahead and let us know what they've disclosed to you about when you'll get to order and when your delivery will be.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang, 2014 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT, 2020 Explorer ST
64 Posts
Today I got email communication from my dealer with 400 orders on Lightning and 25 on the priority list, and I was #7, that they only have 3 allocations for the entire 22MY, so they told me don't wait up for 22MY and I have to wait for 23MY, which is ridiculous. So don't get your hopes up, looks like Ford is going to produce even less than you think and maybe they are prioritizing certain regions. So, it is true that dealers with that many orders and a 25 priority list will only get 4 Lightnings for the year 2022. I am glad I put a reservation for Rivian. I knew F-150 Lightning is for PR and select a small number of people who plan to advertise it on YouTube nothing more. Ford = Blackout Communication, Unknow, Just PR.
Keep in mind that the new MY vehicles typically hit dealer lots in the fall of the preceding year. So I would guess that a 2023 MY Lightning might arrive in late 2022, which wouldn't be much later than the MY 2022 units are delivered.

·
Administrator
2,447 Posts
Keep in mind that the new MY vehicles typically hit dealer lots in the fall of the preceding year. So I would guess that a 2023 MY Lightning might arrive in late 2022, which wouldn't be much later than the MY 2022 units are delivered.
I doubt 2023 Lightnings will arrive in 2022. Remember that Ford is probably shipping the first customer units this summer. I expect they will follow the pattern for the first year Mustang Mach E. Ford build the 2021 MMEs right up to the end of the year.

With the big shift away from lots full of unsold vehicles to ordering vehicles, I suspect we'll see model years moving back to their calendar years.

Reactions: GDN

·
Registered
2022 Lightning Lariat & 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 AWD Limited
76 Posts
Wave 2 showed 20 weeks and then I built my Lariat and it said 24 weeks. Order placed online with my dealer on January 20th and accepted by the dealer same day. I was advised that doing a factory bedliner can add as much as 2 weeks plus the local sources most Ford dealers or an individual could use do a better job. I did Lariat Ext Battery with the only option being all weather floor mats.

·
Administrator
2,447 Posts
Wave 2 showed 20 weeks and then I built my Lariat and it said 24 weeks. Order placed online with my dealer on January 20th and accepted by the dealer same day. I was advised that doing a factory bedliner can add as much as 2 weeks plus the local sources most Ford dealers or an individual could use do a better job. I did Lariat Ext Battery with the only option being all weather floor mats.
Same here. Initially the page said 20 weeks and then said 24 once I built my order.

Time is part of the reason I chose to not include the spray-in bed liner in my order. Also, folks like Line-X are about the same price and provide a guarantee.

·
Registered
Lightning XLT- Wave 2-Build 5/30
26 Posts
My 1/20/22 Wave 2 Order stated 24 weeks.

Recent video (1/29/22) I saw that was interesting on MY22 Wave 1/2 Delivery dates (late Apr/May) from a Ford Rep at the Washington Auto Show... 'take with a grain of salt'. We can only hope it would be so true, wishful thinking

·
Administrator
2,447 Posts
My 1/20/22 Wave 2 Order stated 24 weeks.

Recent video (1/29/22) I saw that was interesting on MY22 Wave 1/2 Delivery dates (late Apr/May) from a Ford Rep at the Washington Auto Show... 'take with a grain of salt'. We can only hope it would be so true, wishful thinking

Take it with a huge grain of salt. I don’t think wave number will make a huge difference in delivery dates for the earliest builds. Ford’s scheduling system will optimize line efficiency and adapt to parts availability first, then customer time stamp within those identical builds in the pipeline. Remember that Ford has not yet even set a date to begin scheduling.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 10 speed auto, Roush supercharged
102 Posts
Same here. Initially the page said 20 weeks and then said 24 once I built my order.

Time is part of the reason I chose to not include the spray-in bed liner in my order. Also, folks like Line-X are about the same price and provide a guarantee.
I had included a spray-in bed liner on my Lightning order; however, my dealer deleted it so as to preclude any further production delays. My dealer apparently was aware that other F-150s (non EVs) were being delayed for bed liners and other accessories that are added to the trucks at off-site locations. Once my dealer explained it to me, I was very happy that they had taken this action on my behalf. Line-X will be getting my business as a result.

·
Administrator
2,447 Posts
I had included a spray-in bed liner on my Lightning order; however, my dealer deleted it so as to preclude any further production delays. My dealer apparently was aware that other F-150s (non EVs) were being delayed for bed liners and other accessories that are added to the trucks at off-site locations. Once my dealer explained it to me, I was very happy that they had taken this action on my behalf. Line-X will be getting my business as a result.
That's my plan for the same reason.

Reactions: Lou C

·
Administrator
2,447 Posts
Update from Blue Oval Forums:

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), the updated timetable information has been released for the 2022 F-150 BEV Lightning
  • 01/05/2022 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 01/27/2022 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 03/14/2022 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

So, I may have been too pessimistic on my comments this morning on scheduling and early waves. With scheduling having started last week, Ford probably started scheduling FCTPs first but may be working on scheduling Wave 1 and Wave 2 already.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.