⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it really the case that the vehicle must be ‘running’ in order to turn on the external electrical outlets? So far it seems that way.

I’d prefer to enable the AC outlets without have to leave the vehicle otherwise fully powered on with all the cockpit screens lit up like an 80s video arcade. Enabling Pro Power onboard prompts me that the vehicle must be running, as in fully started so someone can jump in, throw it in drive and take off. If I’m powering a camper with a relatively light electrical load, I don’t want to go to sleep knowing the truck is in full ‘running’ mode.

I’ve done some quick googling on the topic but I can’t find a thorough review of the feature and the digital owners manual is dry and mostly useless for gaining any insight into the nuances of feature use.

·
Registered
PRO Iced Blue Silver - Tow Tech, Max Tow, 9.6kw ProPower
189 Posts
I doubt the truck needs to be 'ON' in order for the outlets to be powered, since at Job Sites contractors would have the same concern. Now, does it need to be in 'ACCESSORY' mode? Maybe. But, chances are, even if the screens are lit for that, the system may turn those screens off after some time, but continuing to allow the output from the inverters.
So, pressing the 'ON' button, WITHOUT pressing the brake pedal, allows it to go into 'Accessory' mode, powering up the screens for Radio, operating the windows, and for ProPower output, etc.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Is it really the case that the vehicle must be ‘running’ in order to turn on the external electrical outlets? So far it seems that way.

I’d prefer to enable the AC outlets without have to leave the vehicle otherwise fully powered on with all the cockpit screens lit up like an 80s video arcade. Enabling Pro Power onboard prompts me that the vehicle must be running, as in fully started so someone can jump in, throw it in drive and take off. If I’m powering a camper with a relatively light electrical load, I don’t want to go to sleep knowing the truck is in full ‘running’ mode.

I’ve done some quick googling on the topic but I can’t find a thorough review of the feature and the digital owners manual is dry and mostly useless for gaining any insight into the nuances of feature use.
Timestamped. Yes, but you need the key to drive away with it - it is 'ON' but in accessory mode.

·
Registered
662 Posts

What are you trying to power with your Lightning @Fishstyx?

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,665 Posts
I guess we'll have to throw a towel over the screen and lock her up for the night...
You can activate the call screen by pressing in the volume button and rotating slightly. While not off, the display is very dim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts