⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts
Yes, I extended my reservation for the Pro. I took screenshots during the order process where Ford said that I would qualify for unique pricing. The dealer called me today and said that my Lightning is in and he did not see any reason that I wouldn’t qualify for the 2022MY pricing. I’m hoping to go in and complete the purchase in the next few days. It probably says other places, but how should I expect to receive the 22MY price? Discounted purchase price would be ideal, but are some guys getting rebates from Ford?
$7000 comes off after taxes and fees as a rebate. So unfortunately you are taxed on that $7k

I received my price protection check for $5,000 today as promised about 90 days after delivery. For folks out there waiting, try to be patient, I think most dealers are playing it straight, they just aren't comfortable giving us the money before Ford rebates it to them.
Thanks for the update! Now I'm waiting and hoping to hear of some $9k ($5k + $4k) price protection checks materializing from Ford for those folks that ordered back in August 2022 & are taking delivery of their trucks this year (2023)...

I received my price protection check for $5,000 today as promised about 90 days after delivery. For folks out there waiting, try to be patient, I think most dealers are playing it straight, they just aren't comfortable giving us the money before Ford rebates it to them.
Did the check come directly from Ford or was it from the dealer?

I placed my order when it was 46974, and the truck just came in. But the price on the truck is 55974, and the dealer states then cannot see the original when I placed the order. I never saved anything, so I am not sure how I can get my original order information. Called so many, and still no help ? Any ideas other wise I won't be able to get my price protection...

Just walked away from my Lightning order. I ordered in Aug at MSRP of $46k and it came in at $56k. Dealer was not willing to lower MSRP and hope they got a check to compensate. I told them I'd buy it for the new MSRP but I wanted a letter stating I would get any moneys they received, if they received one, off of me purchasing the truck. They didn't like that and they told me there was nothing they could do. So I left not getting beat by a shady dealership. The salesman and the financial guy understood me but the owner wasn't interested in it.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.