⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The $7000 Private Offer is for the initial price increase for the '23. How is your dealer going to deal with the second price hike ($5K more), after your original order? ??
Check above for the helpful conversation about price protection. Some dealers will drop the price and you pay less at delivery some others are issuing checks after Ford reimburses them electronically. I'm loving the truck and will wait for my check. Fingers crossed :)

· Registered
11 Posts
Day 2 reservation holder here, order placed on 8-11, truck delivered on 12-1.
According to me dealer, I'm out of luck for the 5k. Basically said I was lucky to get the 7 grand and I could take it or leave it. The GM basically called me a liar and was irate when I went there to straighten out the pricing for loan/down payment finalization and told him I had called ford multiple times since seeing the elevated msrp on the window sticker. At one point he said that I couldn't have the truck, I'm sure he was salivating to put it on the lot. Ford website actually shows my order price even now after delivery.
Terrible experience on the dealer level, and I've probably bought 20 or so new cars in my life and currently own two Fords that were bought used.
I hope everyone gets what's owed to them, I plan to write directly to Ford as their hotline doesn't prove very helpful. A 5k surprise at the last minute is basically disgraceful.
The truck itself is great, aside from a FordPass issue initially. If I had to do it again I wouldn't have chosen the dealer I did, guess I was supposed to be grateful that they didn't add ADM. Live and Learn.

· Registered
181 Posts
Day 2 reservation holder here, order placed on 8-11, truck delivered on 12-1.
According to me dealer, I'm out of luck for the 5k. Basically said I was lucky to get the 7 grand and I could take it or leave it. The GM basically called me a liar and was irate when I went there to straighten out the pricing for loan/down payment finalization and told him I had called ford multiple times since seeing the elevated msrp on the window sticker. At one point he said that I couldn't have the truck, I'm sure he was salivating to put it on the lot. Ford website actually shows my order price even now after delivery.
Terrible experience on the dealer level, and I've probably bought 20 or so new cars in my life and currently own two Fords that were bought used.
I hope everyone gets what's owed to them, I plan to write directly to Ford as their hotline doesn't prove very helpful. A 5k surprise at the last minute is basically disgraceful.
The truck itself is great, aside from a FordPass issue initially. If I had to do it again I wouldn't have chosen the dealer I did, guess I was supposed to be grateful that they didn't add ADM. Live and Learn.
Thats terrible. I had to fight for the $5000 but it worked out in the end. I had a lot of documentation to help. I know a few others got a promise from their dealer that if the $5000 price protection showed up the dealer would cut them a check after the fact.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thats terrible. I had to fight for the $5000 but it worked out in the end. I had a lot of documentation to help. I know a few others got a promise from their dealer that if the $5000 price protection showed up the dealer would cut them a check after the fact.
Please share your tactics for the benefit of the group. I trust my dealer, I just need to figure out how to get Ford to release the $5,000.

· Registered
181 Posts
Following this thread as I will be in the same boat. Who here has been successful in getting both $7k and $5k adjustments at their dealership to honor the Pro '22MY MSRP?
There has been quite a few of us, 15-20 I’ve seen. Honestly I can’t remember anyone who didn’t. But it was a struggle for most. The $7000 never seems not to be a problem. Some got the $5000 off at the deal and others are promised the $5000 when the dealer gets it from ford. There is a lot of good info here on on F150lightningforums (10/24 build week thread)

· Registered
15 Posts
There has been quite a few of us, 15-20 I’ve seen. Honestly I can’t remember anyone who didn’t. But it was a struggle for most. The $7000 never seems not to be a problem. Some got the $5000 off at the deal and others are promised the $5000 when the dealer gets it from ford. There is a lot of good info here on on F150lightningforums (10/24 build week thread)
Thanks @jimfigler. Glad to hear of a number of price protection success stories here. If the Ford dealership cuts a refund check months after the sale transaction, hopefully those folks are seeing the $5k adjustment including sales tax refunds? In my area the sales tax is almost 10%...

· Registered
7 Posts
You are correct, sorry that I didn't word it more clearly. The dealership confirmed they will send me a check for any amount refunded to them for price protection from Ford. I think there is some question about how much the price protection will amount to if not the full $5,000 since there is already a $7,000 private offer in the mix, but I'm hopeful for a $5,000 check coming from my dealer in the next several months.
I just paid extra 5k from my order at Huntington beach Ford California. They did not honor back 5k. How do you get or fill 5k from them? Thanks

· Registered
7 Posts
I have same problem and Dealer do not care or any intention to give back to customers like me. What do I need to do in order to get $5,000.00 back? I paid full amount from MSRP and got ribbed off $5,000 from dealer. Dealer subtracted $7,000 from selling price plus tax. I should not go to this dealer (Ford dealer in Huntington Beach, California) in first place. F this dealer.

· Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
3,584 Posts
I just paid extra 5k from my order at Huntington beach Ford California. They did not honor back 5k. How do you get or fill 5k from them? Thanks
I’m afraid there’s not much you can do. You agreed to those sale terms with your dealer.

· Registered
804 Posts
Dealer subtracted $7,000 from selling price plus tax.
If this means what it says, are you sure the dealer didn't honor it up front and will keep the private offer cash when they get it from Ford? Or, that is the price protection and they used it to offset an ADM the dealer charged?

· Registered
7 Posts
I’m afraid there’s not much you can do. You agreed to those sale terms with your dealer.
Thanks for providing information.
I didn't agree and asked for $5000 but the dealer said there is no such thing. Instead argue with them I just brought a car and deal with ford company later. Ford company should protect customers. This is my first American car if the Ford company do not care, then less people interest buying Americans car. In two more years there are many Chinese company will sell EG in US markets. Good luck with Ford. They will heading bankruptcy soon.

· Registered
181 Posts
I didn't agree and asked for $5000 but the dealer said there is no such thing. Instead argue with them I just brought a car and deal with ford company later. Ford company should protect customers. This is my first American car if the Ford company do not care, then less people interest buying Americans car. In two more years there are many Chinese company will sell EG in US markets. Good luck with Ford. They will heading bankruptcy soon.
I understand your frustration, but you should have argued. That is what we all had to do to get that $5000. I spent 4 hours at the dealer to get the $5000 off. Since you bought the car and in doing so agreed to the terms of the deal there is nothing you can do at this point.

· Registered
7 Posts
I understand your frustration, but you should have argued. That is what we all had to do to get that $5000. I spent 4 hours at the dealer to get the $5000 off. Since you bought the car and in doing so agreed to the terms of the deal there is nothing you can do at this point.
I didn't but they don't care. Either walk away from deal or purchase the truck. We need to bring this matter to Ford CEO or ford company. They should protect customers. If not, then I have to support Asian car especially Chinese cara much cheaper.

· Registered
7 Posts
Regarding the $5000, ford company should have a site to make a claim for rebate instead they are giving rebate credit directly to dealers. That ain't right. Do you agree? We can use the bill of sale to prove that they didn't rebate to us.

· Registered
181 Posts
Hello, could you send me the number for Ford customer service? I need to do the same thing. Thanks!
Were you invited in 2022 and extended your reservation because the Pro and or XLT were sold out? If so your private offer code is the exact same as your reservation number. Ask the dealer to check their SmartVincent system under your reservation number.

· Registered
38 Posts
First let me say this is not a rant about dealer pricing, fees, taxes, or ADM. I love my local Ford dealer they are stand up guys and I've bought many trucks from them before and I plan to buy more in the future too!

I am a day 1 reservation holder (chose to extend during MY22) for a Pro and I was fortunate enough to be invited to order this summer for delivery in a few days. I am also very grateful to Ford for the private offer to price protect MY22 pricing with a $7,000 discount.

Just to use round numbers, I reserved the truck when the base MSRP was $40k.

I ordered the truck when the base MSRP was $47k as shown on my Ford web portal, $7k increase.

The base MSRP on my buyer's order is $52k, $5k increase.

The private offer has negated the first price increase, but my issue is that I ordered after the first increase but before the second increase, however when I take delivery my dealer's pricing is based on current MSRP, reflecting an unexpected $5,000 in additional cost.

I am definitely still going to take delivery, I'm excited for the truck but I don't want to leave any money on the table unnecessarily. Someone at my dealership that I trust explained how the invoicing from Ford is working for Lightnings and based on that I believe that Ford is reflecting current MSRP for invoice instead of ordered MSRP.

Has anyone else experienced this and had luck with additional Ford private offers or more strategies to recoup the second Pro $5,000 increase or should I just pay with gratitude and enjoy the truck? :cool:
I did. Eventually got it with original price (msrp $397xx+ options.
I explained point to point how my reservation and ordering process has gone and how I never received any communication for any price incentives after I ordered. Called Ford support and was told that where appears to be some communication coming to dealers for situations like this. I was told they (dealer) contacted Ford about it and after that it was smooth sailing.

· Registered
3 Posts
Were you invited in 2022 and extended your reservation because the Pro and or XLT were sold out? If so your private offer code is the exact same as your reservation number. Ask the dealer to check their SmartVincent system under your reservation number.
Yes, I extended my reservation for the Pro. I took screenshots during the order process where Ford said that I would qualify for unique pricing. The dealer called me today and said that my Lightning is in and he did not see any reason that I wouldn’t qualify for the 2022MY pricing. I’m hoping to go in and complete the purchase in the next few days. It probably says other places, but how should I expect to receive the 22MY price? Discounted purchase price would be ideal, but are some guys getting rebates from Ford?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts