⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

Pro - Order vs. Delivery MSRP, extra $5,000

9K views 46 replies 13 participants last post by  Ed S 
You are correct, sorry that I didn't word it more clearly. The dealership confirmed they will send me a check for any amount refunded to them for price protection from Ford. I think there is some question about how much the price protection will amount to if not the full $5,000 since there is already a $7,000 private offer in the mix, but I'm hopeful for a $5,000 check coming from my dealer in the next several months.
I just paid extra 5k from my order at Huntington beach Ford California. They did not honor back 5k. How do you get or fill 5k from them? Thanks

I have same problem and Dealer do not care or any intention to give back to customers like me. What do I need to do in order to get $5,000.00 back? I paid full amount from MSRP and got ribbed off $5,000 from dealer. Dealer subtracted $7,000 from selling price plus tax. I should not go to this dealer (Ford dealer in Huntington Beach, California) in first place. F this dealer.

I’m afraid there’s not much you can do. You agreed to those sale terms with your dealer.
Thanks for providing information.
I didn't agree and asked for $5000 but the dealer said there is no such thing. Instead argue with them I just brought a car and deal with ford company later. Ford company should protect customers. This is my first American car if the Ford company do not care, then less people interest buying Americans car. In two more years there are many Chinese company will sell EG in US markets. Good luck with Ford. They will heading bankruptcy soon.

Thanks for providing information.
I didn't agree and asked for $5000 but the dealer said there is no such thing. Instead argue with them I just brought a car and deal with ford company later. Ford company should protect customers. This is my first American car if the Ford company do not care, then less people interest buying Americans car. In two more years there are many Chinese company will sell EG in US markets. Good luck with Ford. They will heading bankruptcy soon.
I understand your frustration, but you should have argued. That is what we all had to do to get that $5000. I spent 4 hours at the dealer to get the $5000 off. Since you bought the car and in doing so agreed to the terms of the deal there is nothing you can do at this point.
I didn't but they don't care. Either walk away from deal or purchase the truck. We need to bring this matter to Ford CEO or ford company. They should protect customers. If not, then I have to support Asian car especially Chinese cara much cheaper.

Regarding the $5000, ford company should have a site to make a claim for rebate instead they are giving rebate credit directly to dealers. That ain't right. Do you agree? We can use the bill of sale to prove that they didn't rebate to us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.