⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

Pro - Order vs. Delivery MSRP, extra $5,000

9K views 46 replies 13 participants last post by  Ed S 
This a text from my wife’s Lincoln salesperson when I asked her about price protection for the $5000 increase.
Yes! So you are protected at the original price when you ordered the truck. The window sticker will show the adjusted price in the case that a customer does not want the order anymore and can reflect the new price to a “new” buyer. Does that make sense?

I've been in communication with my dealer and they have confirmed that any price protection money that comes from Ford will be sent to me via check later. Too bad I have to pay tax on the higher amount but I will be grateful to take delivery of my truck and later receive the price protection check. I am fortunate to be working with a dealership that values integrity and honesty.
That is wrong. Ford will not be sending you a check for price protection. that is not the way it works. Ford does credit the dealership after the completed sale. The dealership should be giving you price protection at the time of sale. I guess it is possible the dealer is waiting to receive their credit from ford and then the dealership will cut you a check but the check will not be coming ford.

You are correct, sorry that I didn't word it more clearly. The dealership confirmed they will send me a check for any amount refunded to them for price protection from Ford. I think there is some question about how much the price protection will amount to if not the full $5,000 since there is already a $7,000 private offer in the mix, but I'm hopeful for a $5,000 check coming from my dealer in the next several months.
Ah perfect ! Makes sense

Day 2 reservation holder here, order placed on 8-11, truck delivered on 12-1.
According to me dealer, I'm out of luck for the 5k. Basically said I was lucky to get the 7 grand and I could take it or leave it. The GM basically called me a liar and was irate when I went there to straighten out the pricing for loan/down payment finalization and told him I had called ford multiple times since seeing the elevated msrp on the window sticker. At one point he said that I couldn't have the truck, I'm sure he was salivating to put it on the lot. Ford website actually shows my order price even now after delivery.
Terrible experience on the dealer level, and I've probably bought 20 or so new cars in my life and currently own two Fords that were bought used.
I hope everyone gets what's owed to them, I plan to write directly to Ford as their hotline doesn't prove very helpful. A 5k surprise at the last minute is basically disgraceful.
The truck itself is great, aside from a FordPass issue initially. If I had to do it again I wouldn't have chosen the dealer I did, guess I was supposed to be grateful that they didn't add ADM. Live and Learn.
Thats terrible. I had to fight for the $5000 but it worked out in the end. I had a lot of documentation to help. I know a few others got a promise from their dealer that if the $5000 price protection showed up the dealer would cut them a check after the fact.

Following this thread as I will be in the same boat. Who here has been successful in getting both $7k and $5k adjustments at their dealership to honor the Pro '22MY MSRP?
There has been quite a few of us, 15-20 I’ve seen. Honestly I can’t remember anyone who didn’t. But it was a struggle for most. The $7000 never seems not to be a problem. Some got the $5000 off at the deal and others are promised the $5000 when the dealer gets it from ford. There is a lot of good info here on on F150lightningforums (10/24 build week thread)

Thanks for providing information.
I didn't agree and asked for $5000 but the dealer said there is no such thing. Instead argue with them I just brought a car and deal with ford company later. Ford company should protect customers. This is my first American car if the Ford company do not care, then less people interest buying Americans car. In two more years there are many Chinese company will sell EG in US markets. Good luck with Ford. They will heading bankruptcy soon.
I understand your frustration, but you should have argued. That is what we all had to do to get that $5000. I spent 4 hours at the dealer to get the $5000 off. Since you bought the car and in doing so agreed to the terms of the deal there is nothing you can do at this point.

Hello, could you send me the number for Ford customer service? I need to do the same thing. Thanks!
Were you invited in 2022 and extended your reservation because the Pro and or XLT were sold out? If so your private offer code is the exact same as your reservation number. Ask the dealer to check their SmartVincent system under your reservation number.

Yes, I extended my reservation for the Pro. I took screenshots during the order process where Ford said that I would qualify for unique pricing. The dealer called me today and said that my Lightning is in and he did not see any reason that I wouldn’t qualify for the 2022MY pricing. I’m hoping to go in and complete the purchase in the next few days. It probably says other places, but how should I expect to receive the 22MY price? Discounted purchase price would be ideal, but are some guys getting rebates from Ford?
$7000 comes off after taxes and fees as a rebate. So unfortunately you are taxed on that $7k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.