⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

Pro - Order vs. Delivery MSRP, extra $5,000

9K views 46 replies 13 participants last post by  Ed S 
First let me say this is not a rant about dealer pricing, fees, taxes, or ADM. I love my local Ford dealer they are stand up guys and I've bought many trucks from them before and I plan to buy more in the future too!

I am a day 1 reservation holder (chose to extend during MY22) for a Pro and I was fortunate enough to be invited to order this summer for delivery in a few days. I am also very grateful to Ford for the private offer to price protect MY22 pricing with a $7,000 discount.

Just to use round numbers, I reserved the truck when the base MSRP was $40k.

I ordered the truck when the base MSRP was $47k as shown on my Ford web portal, $7k increase.

The base MSRP on my buyer's order is $52k, $5k increase.

The private offer has negated the first price increase, but my issue is that I ordered after the first increase but before the second increase, however when I take delivery my dealer's pricing is based on current MSRP, reflecting an unexpected $5,000 in additional cost.

I am definitely still going to take delivery, I'm excited for the truck but I don't want to leave any money on the table unnecessarily. Someone at my dealership that I trust explained how the invoicing from Ford is working for Lightnings and based on that I believe that Ford is reflecting current MSRP for invoice instead of ordered MSRP.

Has anyone else experienced this and had luck with additional Ford private offers or more strategies to recoup the second Pro $5,000 increase or should I just pay with gratitude and enjoy the truck? :cool:
I did. Eventually got it with original price (msrp $397xx+ options.
I explained point to point how my reservation and ordering process has gone and how I never received any communication for any price incentives after I ordered. Called Ford support and was told that where appears to be some communication coming to dealers for situations like this. I was told they (dealer) contacted Ford about it and after that it was smooth sailing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.