⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!!

I keep being told that the Lightning Pro can not be ordered with the Extended Range battery. But then i see the EPA ratings and other posts that show otherwise.

Does anyone know for sure if you can get the Lightning Pro Extended Range in ‘22?

Thanks!
Donnie

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hey!!

I keep being told that the Lightning Pro can not be ordered with the Extended Range battery. But then i see the EPA ratings and other posts that show otherwise.

Does anyone know for sure if you can get the Lightning Pro Extended Range in ‘22?

Thanks!
Donnie
They built Pro-ER for fleet ordering only in MY22

·
Registered
PRO Iced Blue Silver - Tow Tech, Max Tow, 9.6kw ProPower
190 Posts
so far, the 2022 models don't allow ER battery packs for the 'retail' customers, like us, only the 'Fleet' business customers... that may change in the future, but, for now, it's SR only, which, honestly, I believe is already PLENTY of range - and the additional $10k for another '70' miles is a little ridiculous - it won't change anyone's like dramatically.

·
Registered
118 Posts
so far, the 2022 models don't allow ER battery packs for the 'retail' customers, like us, only the 'Fleet' business customers... that may change in the future, but, for now, it's SR only, which, honestly, I believe is already PLENTY of range - and the additional $10k for another '70' miles is a little ridiculous - it won't change anyone's like dramatically.
It’s 90 miles now. Not sure if that changes your mind but “$10K for 70 miles” isn’t an accurate saying anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It’s 90 miles now. Not sure if that changes your mind but “$10K for 70 miles” isn’t an accurate saying anymore.
-90 miles more range
-Ford Charge Station Pro
-Dual onboard chargers for 19.2 kw charging rate vs 11.3 kw (70% more power!)
-137 more horsepower
-3k pounds more towing capacity
It's much more than just range.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I reserved mine on 5/20/2021 and got the notice from FoMoCo a couple of weeks ago that I wasn’t getting a ‘22 MY so, if they open up ER batteries for non-fleet customers I’ll get a Pro ER. If they don’t, I’ll bite the bullet and spend the $25k more and get a Lariat ER. In for $75, in for $80. 😂

·
Registered
PRO Iced Blue Silver - Tow Tech, Max Tow, 9.6kw ProPower
190 Posts
-90 miles more range
-Ford Charge Station Pro
-Dual onboard chargers for 19.2 kw charging rate vs 11.3 kw (70% more power!)
-137 more horsepower
-3k pounds more towing capacity
It's much more than just range.

I don't need more range
I don't need a larger home charge 'station'
I don't need dual onboard chargers
I don't need more horsepower
I don't more towing capacity
It's more than just 'more'....

The PRO 'standard' range(which is not really a great way to name this amazing battery pack!) with a 240v Level 2 30amp home charger and $7,700lbs towing capacity with the Max Towing Package and the Towing Technology and the 9.6kw 'pro power onboard', is already way PLENTY for most of us, or me, at least - the included 'horsepower' is way PLENTY already, too. I'll save the extra $15k-$20k for something else more 'needed'.... it's all good : ) There are plenty of DC Fast Chargers coming onboard, so I'm not the least worried about 'traveling', whether with the truck itself, or while towing my camper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't need more range
I don't need a larger home charge 'station'
I don't need dual onboard chargers
I don't need more horsepower
I don't more towing capacity
It's more than just 'more'....

The PRO 'standard' range(which is not really a great way to name this amazing battery pack!) with a 240v Level 2 30amp home charger and $7,700lbs towing capacity with the Max Towing Package and the Towing Technology and the 9.6kw 'pro power onboard', is already way PLENTY for most of us, or me, at least - the included 'horsepower' is way PLENTY already, too. I'll save the extra $15k-$20k for something else more 'needed'.... it's all good : ) There are plenty of DC Fast Chargers coming onboard, so I'm not the least worried about 'traveling', whether with the truck itself, or while towing my camper.
Yes. That Pro model is a smoking deal! I'd totally go there and be happy, but then there's the seats. Without fail my wife complains about the seats of every car I've ever bought except our MY 2019 F150 XLT with heated seats and power lumbar on the passenger side. No such option on the Pro. Those are gonna be some expensive seats!
z

·
Registered
296 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts