Ford Lightning Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So according to the new ordering email from Ford, it looks like the Pro will be available for upgraded battery choice, not just fleet customers

·
Super Moderator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
620 Posts
Where did you get that from the email?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did you get that from the email?
Click on the learn more button at the bottom of the email. It takes you to the models, Pro mentions being able to upgrade and does not mention it being for fleet only. That would be a really shitty advertisement if not.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
620 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting. I'm not sure if that is a change or an oversight on their website that has been there for a while.

The Technical Specifications have not changed and still clearly list the Extended Range battery is only available on the Pro for fleet customers. Ford has also repeatedly made that statement in public presentations.
Pretty big oversight on they’re part, you’re probably right though. Just thought it was interesting

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw that as well and was a bit confused. My first choice would be a Pro model with the larger battery. I guess my dealer will know for sure when the time comes.

·
Super Moderator
620 Posts
No question now. Extended Range is not available on the Pro for non-fleet buyers.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I saw that as well and was a bit confused. My first choice would be a Pro model with the larger battery. I guess my dealer will know for sure when the time comes.
No question now. Extended Range is not available on the Pro for non-fleet buyers.
That's too bad because Chevy seems to be offering their large battery back on the Work Truck version of the Silverado.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Any idea what allocations are like at your dealer?
Hoping to get an idea of what dealers are prepping for.

·
Super Moderator
620 Posts
That's too bad because Chevy seems to be offering their large battery back on the Work Truck version of the Silverado.
Maybe. We are far from seeing what GM will actually include in their Build & Price tool. Besides that’s for 2024, right? Ford could allow non-fleet customers to buy them by then, too.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Maybe. We are far from seeing what GM will actually include in their Build & Price tool. Besides that’s for 2024, right? Ford could allow non-fleet customers to buy them by then, too.
You're right, Ford could still change their mind before Chevy even starts production. Which is a lot of time since it is 2024 for the Silverado EV and even longer for the Ram EV.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts