Ford Lightning Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
525 Posts
Thank you. Thats what I was hoping for.
Curious what kind of financing options were available on the Mach E if you don’t mind sharing
The same as for the Lightning: standard loan and Ford Options. Rates were a bit lower a year ago, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got the email yesterday for pre-approval for 100k. I almost thought it was a phishing email or scam. I reserved 5/21

·
Registered
3 Posts
I received one as well yesterday. I was browsing through it and noticed there is a special financing option for Mach E and Lightning purchases. It sounds like it allows you to trade in/upgrade your vehicle, or you can pay off the balance in a lump sum at the end of the term

·
Registered
10 Posts
My preapproval was much lower than y'all's. I wonder if that's because my credit is frozen so they can't get a good look at it? At any case, it covers the XLT standard range I want anyway so it's probably a sign I shouldn't be spending more lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
I received one as well yesterday. I was browsing through it and noticed there is a special financing option for Mach E and Lightning purchases. It sounds like it allows you to trade in/upgrade your vehicle, or you can pay off the balance in a lump sum at the end of the term
That’s the Ford Options. It’s basically a lease but puts the title in your name so you can claim the $7,500 tax credit. Under a standard lease, the tax credit goes to the lessor (Ford Finance). Ford isn’t giving you the $7,500 as factory cash on a lease so the Ford options plan is the only way you can get a lease like deal and claim the value of the federal tax credit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
That’s the Ford Options. It’s basically a lease but puts the title in your name so you can claim the $7,500 tax credit. Under a standard lease, the tax credit goes to the lessor (Ford Finance). Ford isn’t giving you the $7,500 as factory cash on a lease so the Ford options plan is the only way you can get a lease like deal and claim the value of the federal tax credit.
thats unfortunate. I believe BMW uses that $7500 credit to buy down the payment for the customer and they drive off with a payment under $200 for the i3

·
Registered
10 Posts
My preapproval was much lower than y'all's. I wonder if that's because my credit is frozen so they can't get a good look at it? At any case, it covers the XLT standard range I want anyway so it's probably a sign I shouldn't be spending more lol
Yeah, I thought I had rock solid credit at 825, but my 70k pre approval seems sad compared to everyone else’s.

·
Registered
22 Posts
thats unfortunate. I believe BMW uses that $7500 credit to buy down the payment for the customer and they drive off with a payment under $200 for the i3
Yeah, lots of manufacturers will give most or all of the credit on a lease as factory cash. Makes it easier for most people to have it bundled that way.
Of course, $7,500 on an $85k+ truck ain’t gonna get you to $200 a month. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yeah, lots of manufacturers will give most or all of the credit on a lease as factory cash. Makes it easier for most people to have it bundled that way.
Of course, $7,500 on an $85k+ truck ain’t gonna get you to $200 a month. :)
Haha. I’m looking at the 52-62k versions ;-)

I’d love to get the big 15.5” screen. But not sure if it’s available on the XLT trims.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Haha. I’m looking at the 52-62k versions ;-)

I’d love to get the big 15.5” screen. But not sure if it’s available on the XLT trims.
Unfortunately the 15.5" screen is part of Sync 4A, which is only on the Lariat and Premium trims. I wish they would break up the packages a little. $20k "packages" are tough to swallow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Unfortunately the 15.5" screen is part of Sync 4A, which is only on the Lariat and Premium trims. I wish they would break up the packages a little. $20k "packages" are tough to swallow.
Yea definitely. I was already feeling I'm being forced to upgrade to the 62K version XLT for some things I thought would be standard. Then when you think about it, 7K more for all the bells and whistles of the Lariat is not bad, but then I realize I'll be 14K over what I originally thought I'd spend and you start getting into excessive territory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I received a pre-approval email on 1/13 as well. I'm guessing we all got it, regardless of where we are in line/which wave we're in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I’m in wave 2 according to my dealer. If we are assuming Ford is going to stick to the 2 week rollout for each wave, that would set me up to order at some point next week. Today, I received a pre-approved for 85K in financing from Ford. The timing was curious but also got my hopes up.

As anyone else received this email? Perhaps some people in wave 1 can share if they did or not?
Was there any info on the financing (term, interest rate, etc) in the email?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got one yesterday, its like they know me and they know what package i am going to get
I received a pre-approval email on 1/13 as well. I'm guessing we all got it, regardless of where we are in line/which wave we're in?
I too, received this pre-approval email as many of you did. Question to all, did you happen to save your build & price on Ford's site? I happened to build out the Lariat 511A package and saved it (futile attempt to send a message that I'm a motivated buyer hoping to move up in the invite list) and low and behold I get a pre-approval for the rounded amount of the saved build.

Is the common denominator here the saved builds feature?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Was there any info on the financing (term, interest rate, etc) in the email?
I too, received this pre-approval email as many of you did. Question to all, did you happen to save your build & price on Ford's site? I happened to build out the Lariat 511A package and saved it (futile attempt to send a message that I'm a motivated buyer hoping to move up in the invite list) and low and behold I get a pre-approval for the rounded amount of the saved build.

Is the common denominator here the saved builds feature?
The email said up to 84 months but nothing about rates.

I did save my build the first day I could.

·
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
525 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ford resets its rates quarterly.
I'm sure this is a savvy group, but it not, remember you need to know competitor rates when you start talking turkey with the dealer. Best to be preapproved for a great rate from another lender. Why? The dealer finance guy often will try to give you a rate higher than the actual ford rate, and he and the dealer get a nice commission when they do......

21 - 40 of 45 Posts