⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

Power running boards on Lariat

8K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  fyrdude 
#1 ·
I received my invitation to wave 6 yesterday. I am ordering the lariat. I noted that under exterior options, running boards, they give you a choice of the standard carbonized running board or "DEACTIVATED 3/22/22 per client by NGibas: Running boards-Power deployable with black accents" for $255. I selected that and it does show up in the summary. I'm just concerned about the wording of it.

#3 ·
That is definitely a fiasco on Ford's part. Those couldn't be ordered on the web site at all - you had to have your dealer add them and they were listed as Late Availability, until about 2 weeks ago and Ford removed them completely for the MY 2022. Once the noted they were no longer available then they showed up on the web site with the message you note. They made a bad situation worse. Whoever "Deactivated" them needs to click another button to HIDE that option from view.

#4 ·
Deployable running boards are an anomaly among electric trucks. Rivian doesn't offer any running boards and the Hummer and Silverado (concept) have fixed running boards.

The battery box and frame hang lower beneath the cab compared to the frame ICE versions--take a look at the side profile photos of the Lightning Pro. Fixed running boards hide some of that extra mass.

I would have optioned them if they were available, but they'd have a good chance of making the truck look awkward when retracted and probably wouldn't give me any extra ground clearance. Plus, I'd be missing out on the extra zone lighting that's integrated into the fixed steps.

#6 ·
It's not a Lightning-specific issue. Power running boards are now deleted for all F-series trucks. It's a supply chain issue.

On other F-150s they are deleting the Park Assist as well. Fortunately they seem to be keeping those parts in reserve for the Lightnings. Ford works to protect their new launches.

• Love
Reactions: taxmanhog
#10 ·
If you did get an order through with them, likely would just result in your delivery being delayed indefinitely. So, if you're ordering a 2022, probably best to just order with the fixed. Otherwise, might as well delay the reservation and get a 2023 as that's probably what you'd end up with anyway. For those that they're that important to and don't mind waiting, might be an option to be one of the first orders in for a 2023. But, it's a big IF, if the order will get accepted with them on there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.