How many people are still planning on getting a 2023 Lightning with the price increase? If you are reply here with which truck you're planning to order?
Yeah, me too. I like to think I might have done something else if I had advance notice, but frankly there's pretty much zero availability of what I would have bought anyway. Still, I do feel like I got the rug pulled out from under me.I don't know. I was all gung ho for this until a couple days ago. I feel as though I was lied to by omission.
Have you given thought about what you'd buy instead if you move on from the Lightning?Yeah, me too. I like to think I might have done something else if I had advance notice, but frankly there's pretty much zero availability of what I would have bought anyway. Still, I do feel like I got the rug pulled out from under me.
I was aiming for a short range XLT and even that was feeling very expensive. Now it's over the edge for me, sadly.
I'm on the reservation list for the eSilverado (a year away) and the eRam (2 years away), so I guess I could hold off for one of them. Likely to end up with the same awful pricing now that Ford has set the bar. And will those even qualify for the Federal credit? I'm not sure where their batteries come from.Have you given thought about what you'd buy instead if you move on from the Lightning?
I ordered in the first 12 hours, and I have not gotten an invite either.I am likely priced out at this point. If Ford offered a hybrid or EV Ranger I’d switch to that in a heartbeat. BTW, ordered in the first 24 hours and still haven’t gotten my invite.
Lucky duck.I feel like I won the lottery with my $55k 2022 XLT Lighting. I just received the "your vehicle has been shipped" e-mail on Monday.
The 2023 Pro and XLT prices are still pretty fair though. Ford will easily sell every Lightning that it builds.
Tesla has, per rumors, over 1.5 million people in their queue for the CyberTruck.I don't know. I was all gung ho for this until a couple days ago. I feel as though I was lied to by omission. They could have announced that they were planning on a substantial price increase sooner, knowing they had 200,000 blue oval boys waiting in the que. Would have allowed us to make decisions moving forward. I have an mks that I use as my main driver that had over 180k on it and has become somewhat of a money pit. I might have a went a different direction and bought a different Ford sooner if I knew this spike was coming.
It's not as though it's a bad deal, but I don't like they kept radio silence for months when they knew they were going to do this. I may buy something else, I may even buy outside of Ford, something I've never done before.
It's kinda dirty to surprise hundreds of thousands of loyal owners with this kind of price spike. They'll sell them though, even if I don't buy one, it's still an F150.
So I guess I'm 50/50 on buying this. However, I am no longer holding out. If something good comes along and I haven't been invited to order I may have to cancel.
I reserved on May 19th...and have never gotten an invite. My dealer says they have no input. So I don't get it.I reserved on May 20th or 21st. I forget exactly. It was the day after it first opened. I had an invite to convert my reservation to an order but only the Lariat and Platinum were available to order. So I extended until 2023. My dentist just got his 2022 Platinum Lightning. It’s nice. But I hope to be able to order a Pro. If I can’t and have to go to an XLT or higher I’m out. I absolutely love my 2020 Lariat so if I can’t get what I want I won’t be too upset. Pro or nothing for me.