Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first world issue here, but has anyone figured out how to add a picture to their Personal Profile on the Lightning?
From another site and apparently the Mach E forums - make sure you don't have multiple contacts with your phone number. It apparently is matching on that, rather than your name. Then connect via bluetooth and download your contacts. Go into the truck profile and select the custom picture, if it doesn't show, give it a bit of time to update and download.Ok, first world issue here, but has anyone figured out how to add a picture to their Personal Profile on the Lightning?
Glad you found the straight-forward answer. I remember going through this on our Mach E and it was strange enough I haven't bothered to try on the Lightning yet.Thanks all, yes this was very helpful (and another testament to the usefulness of these forums).
What I found in finally getting this to work (iPhone results, other devices may vary):
Other items to note (I think)
- In the Ford Pass App on your phone number has to match your single contact name on your phone
- To repeat, you need to have only ONE contact in your iPhone with the same phone number that you have in your Ford Pass (including the presence or absence of country code )
- In the Lightning, switch to Bluetooth connection to your phone, not AirPlay
- "Delete all contacts from vehicle" - under Manage Contacts, under your Phone Settings
- "Re-Download Contacts"
- Then go back to your Personal Profile settings and select "Change Profile Picture"
- Give it a second, and the photo that is in your iPhone under "My Card" (top contact on your phone) should match the photo on the Lightning. If not, select the photo, then select another of the icons, then back to the photo to see if it matches.
- Back on the Lightning, under your contacts list, there should be a "My Number" listing. That number, and photo, should match the "My Card" on your iPhone and the phone number should match the phone number on your Ford Pass App.
Frustrating as heck, but eventually I got it to work for me and then did the same process with my son's iPhone and that worked right away.
- Each Personal Profile needs to have their own Ford Pass App on their phone with a unique login.
- The Profile Picture on the Lightning is matched to the phone number on the Ford Pass App, which is then matched to the "My Card" contact on your iPhone. All three have to be consistent in number and format.