Lightning Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just decided to take a look and so far Ford has released the pep Codes for the lightning which are how dealers/sales people can accurately describe the standard equipment on a truck.

For example: XLT is a 300 series pep code standard. Then you have the 301A which is a mid XLT and a 302A which is a high level XLT.

In the picture the picture they are the following.

110A - PRO SERIES

311A - XLT

312A - XLT PREMIUM

510A - LARIAT

511A - LARIAT PREMIUM

710A - PLATINUM
Mesh Wood Font Flooring Composite material

·
Registered
9 Posts
Based on the info that's been available so far I believe ER is still an option at those trim levels.
I could be wrong, I'm sure we'll find out once orders open.

I'm going to stick to my guess based on what I know, and that is that the ER is only a generally available option for the XLT and Lariat. It's not available on the Pro, except for fleets, and standard for the Platinum. That means five base options for the average consumer, with a sixth for fleet operators.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I could be wrong, I'm sure we'll find out once orders open.

I'm going to stick to my guess based on what I know, and that is that the ER is only a generally available option for the XLT and Lariat. It's not available on the Pro, except for fleets, and standard for the Platinum. That means five base options for the average consumer, with a sixth for fleet operators.
Yep, That’s what I tried to say ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm going to guess the XLT Premium and Lariat Premium have extended-range batteries.
Unless Ford has drastically changed the options configuration from what they were planning a few months ago, the Premium trim levels are not about the batteries. You can add the ER battery to ANY trim level except Pro (ER for fleet orders only) or Platinum (already includes ER). They may have made changes to what options are included at what level and at which price, but I highly doubt they’re going to force someone like me - who is planning on the XLT Premium with the SR battery - to pay another ~$7k for the ER battery that I don’t want/need.

Font Screenshot Technology Parallel Software

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unless Ford has drastically changed the options configuration from what they were planning a few months ago, the Premium trim levels are not about the batteries. You can add the ER battery to ANY trim level except Pro (ER for fleet orders only) or Platinum (already includes ER). They may have made changes to what options are included at what level and at which price, but I highly doubt they’re going to force someone like me - who is planning on the XLT Premium with the SR battery - to pay another ~$7k for the ER battery that I don’t want/need.

View attachment 423
This is the first I've seen of that information. It would seem my guess is wrong.

·
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
126 Posts

View attachment 423
That was an unofficial survey but I expect Ford will stick close to it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That was an unofficial survey but I expect Ford will stick close to it.
Correct, it was not final by any means. But it probably strongly reflects the way Ford intends to go. Just using it to illustrate that the batteries are unlikely to be the defining differences between XLT or Lariat and their Premium versions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is the first I've seen of that information. It would seem my guess is wrong.
As you can see, that screenshot is from a different forum. But it originally comes from an email survey Ford sent to a small percentage of potential buyers several months ago. I have no idea how they selected who got the survey, or how many got it. I did not receive it, and it seems from conversation around it that most people did not.

Still, I think it illustrates Ford's thinking, and will likely only superficially change.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts