⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Lariat ER Black
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having problems with the recent OTA update?
Since they rolled out the newest update (including phone as a key) my lightning is not updating. My OTA updates are scheduled to occur at night, however each morning I notice an alert in the ford app that says it was unable to update due to one of the requirements not met; i.e. vehicle is in park, vehicle not running, not pressing the brake pedal, all lights are off and doors are closed. But all of these ARE met, including being charged at 75% or more. Even when I go into the sync system and manually click on "Update Now" it appears as if it is starting the update and then it never does. I have tried switching the OTA schedule too and it still fails to update. I have now attempted an update at least 10 times.

Is anyone else having this problem or aware of a fix?

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2,966 Posts
I got the same notification. Apparently PowerUp 22-PU0929-BLM-UP is rather picky.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine was having trouble connecting to my phone this morning but has cleared up now. I also see the app now allows you to set departure times directly when you click on vehicle without having to go into charging,

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm having the same issues with Power-Up 3.5.5. I've tried 4-5 times with all the criteria met and a good wifi signal. If anybody figures out a trick, let me know. Still no PaaK on an early build.

·
Registered
66 Posts
@ChasingCoral left a suggestion on another thread that did the trick for me. Apparently the 12V battery needs to be fully charged, so he recommended driving the truck, parking it near your wifi, and plugging it in to charge. This worked for me, and the PaaK came through a day or 2 later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts