⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an interesting discussion with my dealer. They have a bit over 400 reservations. Their wave 2 allocation was supposedly 25 trucks. If that’s true, any wave 3 allocations will be beyond their priority list. They were saying that they don’t actually know what’s going to happen with reservations beyond the priority list. They might get allocations that then work through their list in order. Or Ford might simply start contacting reservation holders directly and the dealer will just be notified once the customer places the order. If it’s the latter, then your position at your particular dealer (outside of the prioritized customers) may not matter as much as your order date within whatever regions Ford is dividing up the allocations. In other words, you might be #30 at your dealer but be behind someone that’s #50 at the dealer down the road simply because that dealer has a lot of early reservations. Honestly, this is always how I assumed it would work but I’ve had my doubts over the last couple of months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I heard similar, dealer told me they only have 4 allocations for the Lightning and only the first 4 in priority list gets it and the rest goes to 23MY, which supprises me so why dealer asked by Ford to make 25 priority order list when they are going to just give them 4, I think it means what you mentioned that after first 4 they will go by order date. so confusing so many changes, you can not rely on Ford.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,665 Posts
I heard similar, dealer told me they only have 4 allocations for the Lightning and only the first 4 in priority list gets it and the rest goes to 23MY, which supprises me so why dealer asked by Ford to make 25 priority order list when they are going to just give them 4, I think it means what you mentioned that after first 4 they will go by order date. so confusing so many changes, you can not rely on Ford.
The answer lies in the ordering guides Ford sent to their dealers
Font Electric blue Document Parallel Screenshot

Prioritization was always optional (note that Ford even wrote that in all caps) and does not guarantee allocation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For what it's worth, the nice lady on the Ford Lightning call line told me last week that wave 1 was dedicated to Dealership prioritizations and that wave 2 and beyond was strictly by time stamp.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For what it's worth, the nice lady on the Ford Lightning call line told me last week that wave 1 was dedicated to Dealership prioritizations and that wave 2 and beyond was strictly by time stamp.
Well, not strictly by time stamp because they are limiting allocations by state/region. But I don’t believe wave 2 ignored dealer prioritization since wave 1 was basically 1 truck per dealer. Wave 3 might be primarily time stamp driven though.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi all. From Canada, but I think much of this is applicable! I placed my reservation back in June and it now says "Place Order Ready". What does this mean? I did not get a call from my dealer who I heard got 123 reservations. Does "Place Order Ready", mean that I am one of those who should have been called? Does the dealer actually get to pick who gets the trucks in 2022 regardless of where you are in the queue?

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,665 Posts
Hi all. From Canada, but I think much of this is applicable! I placed my reservation back in June and it now says "Place Order Ready". What does this mean? I did not get a call from my dealer who I heard got 123 reservations. Does "Place Order Ready", mean that I am one of those who should have been called? Does the dealer actually get to pick who gets the trucks in 2022 regardless of where you are in the queue?
Don't know the answer to how the CA system works but I would try to place your order online or call the dealer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm from wave 4. Place order ready was what the website says when it is time to order.. Congrats, it's your time. Then you can keep refreshing your page for production date updates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts