⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

Ordering Appointment Confirmed!!!

7K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  ChasingCoral 
#1 ·
Hey all. Just wanted to share that I received notification from my dealership (Homer Skelton Ford in Olive Branch, MS) that the order banks will open on October 26. I've already set up my appointment to place my order. Excited doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling. I promise I'll take y'all along with me!

#5 ·
I will keep everyone updated. I will be going with a Lariat. As for options, I can’t really say much yet because I don’t officially know what they are. Honestly, my biggest problem is selecting a color. Atlas Blue, Star White, Agate Black and Iced Blue Silver are my choices. Just worried the iced blue silver will be too powder blue.

#9 ·
I also confirmed that Oct. 26th is the order bank opening for the Lightning with both Ford Marketing and my local ford Dealer. I had to call Ford Marketing to change my dealer of choice to somewhere I thought I'd get a little better service. They changed my reservation over and when I asked the Ford representative when I could order, she said "October 26, so if you want one I recommend calling your dealer and setting an appointment to place your order on October 26." When I called the dealer the sales manager initially quoted a December date. When I told him what marketing said to me he double checked and said I was right. It is opening Oct. 26th and that I can text him that day to come in and make the order. Exciting times.

#10 ·
I also confirmed that Oct. 26th is the order bank opening for the Lightning with both Ford Marketing and my local ford Dealer. I had to call Ford Marketing to change my dealer of choice to somewhere I thought I'd get a little better service. They changed my reservation over and when I asked the Ford representative when I could order, she said "October 26, so if you want one I recommend calling your dealer and setting an appointment to place your order on October 26." When I called the dealer the sales manager initially quoted a December date. When I told him what marketing said to me he double checked and said I was right. It is opening Oct. 26th and that I can text him that day to come in and make the order. Exciting times.
Really exciting news, congrats guys! Especially since it confirms what was posted a few days ago!

#18 · (Edited)
Thanks for posting that message in a new thread. Let's keep the conversation about it over there.

Reactions: MacMerritt
#19 ·
I spoke with my dealer by phone yesterday. He said they had not heard a thing from Ford about when orders would open. Maybe I have a dud for a dealer. It is really unclear to me how the reservation priority and the order priority interact. If you are first on the reservation list, but you or your dealer slack off on placing an order, do you end up waiting until 2024 to get a truck?

#24 ·
I am with Tustin Ford. Problem I have is that I never received any email confirmation about Oct 26 or it getting pushed back to Dec. I called the person who is dealing with the Lighting and he said that they have hundreds of people who reserved, that they cannot get to all of them in time. He said I can come in tomorrow on Oct 26 to order. Surprised he doesn't have a completely full schedule. Odd. But I still should have received an email right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.