⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my reservation on 5/19, just a couple pf hours after the announcement and I went to the ford dealership 2 weeks ago to place my order (there was no money exchanged a that point, only the configuration) When I go to ford.com and go to my account, it still only shows reservation complete (step 1), but step 2 “place order” is still blank. I have not received an email from ford either. Anybody experienced this? How long after you placed your order at the dealership did you receive confirmation that your order was placed?

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
412 Posts
I was in Wave 1 and received the Thursday email. I didn't order until Monday afternoon. I received my confirmed email the next morning - Tuesday around 8:30 AM.

This sounds like your dealer has not completed the process. They must accept it and truly get it into the queue.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Once accepted - your status will look like this:

Font Rectangle Number Terrestrial plant Screenshot

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was in Wave 1 and received the Thursday email. I didn't order until Monday afternoon. I received my confirmed email the next morning - Tuesday around 8:30 AM.

This sounds like your dealer has not completed the process. They must accept it and truly get it into the queue.
This is the dealership’ s response when I asked them about it:
”Your order has been sent to Ford. Like we talked about, when they send the build sheet. Ill reach out for a signature to double check your order sheet. “
That was over two weeks ago

·
Registered
412 Posts
Let some other experts weigh in here, but if your Ford account doesn't show what I pasted above, I don't think your order is in. What does your online account say? Can you copy and paste that section?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let some other experts weigh in here, but if your Ford account doesn't show what I pasted above, I don't think your order is in. What does your online account say? Can you copy and paste that section?
This is what I show:

Font Parallel Circle Screenshot Rectangle

Also, how do I find out what wave am I in?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I placed my reservation on 5/19, just a couple pf hours after the announcement and I went to the ford dealership 2 weeks ago to place my order (there was no money exchanged a that point, only the configuration) When I go to ford.com and go to my account, it still only shows reservation complete (step 1), but step 2 “place order” is still blank. I have not received an email from ford either. Anybody experienced this? How long after you placed your order at the dealership did you receive confirmation that your order was placed?
It does not sound like Ford has put you in wave 1 or wave 2. The dealer can write down what you want to order all day long but until Ford invites you to order you are still only a reservation holder. Unfortunately it has become clear that the state that you live in has more influence on when you get to order than when you placed your reservation. Folks who reserved in June from the coasts have been invited to order while those who placed orders on the day of announcement in many places are still waiting.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Did you receive an email or text from Ford telling you that you can order? There is a blue button in it that says "Order for F-150 Lightning Now?

I agree with @johnnycwat that you are not able to order yet, only showing your reservation. Your dealer has access to a system that can tell you your place in line for their dealership.

What time on the 19th did you place your reservation?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you receive an email or text from Ford telling you that you can order? There is a blue button in it that says "Order for F-150 Lightning Now?

I agree with @johnnycwat that you are not able to order yet, only showing your reservation. Your dealer has access to a system that can tell you your place in line for their dealership.

What time on the 19th did you place your reservation?
I have not received the email from ford to order. I did my reservation on the 19th at 8:20 pm arizona time

·
Registered
412 Posts
Without that email or an "Order" button on your Ford page, you are not allowed to order yet. Your dealer can tell you how far down the line you are. As @johnnycwat noted, they simply wrote down what you want, but you are waiting with many thousands others for your time to come up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I didn’t receive an email, my dealer contacted me and asked what I wanted to order - granted I have a great relationship with my local dealer…but my order was placed directly at the dealer, this is how it looks - notice the status: in-store order
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Wheel Car

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you didn’t get an email from ford, it sounds like you may have jumped the gun on ordering. Did the dealer ask you to come in and place the order? I think some of the dealers arent really sure of how this works And if they asked you to cone in, they might have had a lightning to sell

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you didn’t get an email from ford, it sounds like you may have jumped the gun on ordering. Did the dealer ask you to come in and place the order? I think some of the dealers arent really sure of how this works And if they asked you to cone in, they might have had a lightning to sell
They told me that ordering was open and I could come by to place my order, but never heard from Ford, even though I pre ordered the truck within hours of the announcement. Also, when I went to the dealership to place my order, they didn’t even ask for my reservation number, not sure if they already had that information or they are just not competent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They told me that ordering was open and I could come by to place my order, but never heard from Ford, even though I pre ordered the truck within hours of the announcement. Also, when I went to the dealership to place my order, they didn’t even ask for my reservation number, not sure if they already had that information or they are just not competent.
Same here. My dealer had me on their top 25 guaranteed to get one and they put my order in also for mine.

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,406 Posts
Same here. My dealer had me on their top 25 guaranteed to get one and they put my order in also for mine.
I suspect your dealer is confusing how many priority spots they could choose with their allocation. If we assume 20,000 Lightnings in 2022 and 3000 EV-certified dealers, 25 trucks to one dealership would be well over their fair share.

20,000 / 3,000 = 6-7 trucks per dealership
While I'm sure the trucks won't be evenly distributed, I expect dealer allocations will be much closer to 6 than 25. Of course, this is purely speculation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I suspect your dealer is confusing how many priority spots they could choose with their allocation. If we assume 20,000 Lightnings in 2022 and 3000 EV-certified dealers, 25 trucks to one dealership would be well over their fair share.

20,000 / 3,000 = 6-7 trucks per dealership
While I'm sure the trucks won't be evenly distributed, I expect dealer allocations will be much closer to 6 than 25. Of course, this is purely speculation.

They are one of the largest Ford Dealers in the country every year.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts