⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner

Ordered lightning without reservation (in Canada)

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  greatbreweh 
#1 ·
Hey all,

So I had gone in to a local Ontario dealership in June of 2022 to see what the options were to get a lightning without a reservation (get on a waitlist or order list when reservations are opened again or purchase one someone backed out on)
I signed a vehicle purchase agreement for a 2022 lightning lariat.
Fast forward to the first week of December 2022 and I was contacted by the sales man saying my order has been accepted by Ford, however no vin has been issued yet.
The sales man also said that they have already received one lightning that was ordered without a reservation….
I find this super strange because there are so many reservation holders still waiting to order.
I wonder if it has to do with allotments?

#2 · (Edited)
It could be just economics, but not sure because you live in Canada. Ford would rather sell a Lightning at the current sticker price, rather than to a reservation holder who could qualify for incentives. Paying sticker in this macroeconomic environment could allow you to skip the line. It could also be the trim level you are buying, Ford made the most of them.

#3 ·
I get that, however according to the salesman the purchase agreement I signed at 2022 prices “should” be honoured by Ford (this is the only reason I signed any paperwork). However I doubt it will be without having to battle them with omvic or civil court. I won’t buy it if it is more then I signed to pay, as the prices are just stupid now especially when you add the new Canadian luxury tax of 20% on the amount over $100k and the removal of features.
And it was a Latiat 511A with the max tow package I ordered. So definitely in the high Ford production number side of the equation.

#14 ·
So just got an update from the dealer. Truck is scheduled to be built on Feb 25th with an expected arrival date of mid March. They won’t confirm if the price is protected. I assume it is not protected and with that $ increase and the increase in interest rates and the drop in value of my trade in, and removal of features I am 95% gunna have to walk away. Which really sucks.

#17 ·
I won’t buy it if it is more then I signed to pay, as the prices are just stupid now especially when you add the new Canadian luxury tax of 20% on the amount over $100k and the removal of features.
Donkey Kong
Except that's not how it works.

Canadian luxury tax is 10% of price over 100k OR 20% of the price OVER 100k, whichever is less.

The lightning (if applicable depending on gvwr) with a price of say 106k would have an added tax of only $1200 dollars.

My truck was over the gvwr and had no luxury tax.

Do your research.

#18 ·
Well it came in apparently a month or so ago and I test drove it 2 week ago after the prices dropped down to what I signed for. It is a beautiful truck and drove way better then my ICE F-150, but at $102k and the fact the towing range isn’t great, the infrastructure for trailer charging is nonexistent and charging time isn’t great I walked away. I test drove a Mach E, a model Y and a Kia EV6 right after and the lightning was my favourite but I bought the EV6 and pick it up tomorrow. I am keeping the ICE f150 and replacing my commuter car with an EV6. When the truck towing range is better and trucks have faster charging with pull through chargers it might work for me.
Good luck all and fingers crossed for the EV evolution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.