⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I placed my order for the Pro on January 6th, and it's been accepted by the dealer, but looking at the order status in my Ford account, I'm still confused, so I was hoping to get some feedback from others:

This is what I see in the top status bar in my account:

Rectangle Font Circle Rim Logo

This is what I see under Order Status:

Rectangle Parallel Font Number Screenshot

My guess is that this means the order is placed and confirmed, but I don't understand why Step 2 in the top status bar has not changed to a green checkmark. It's still showing as Place Order "In Progress".

Has anyone had their Step 2 change to the green checkmark?

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,406 Posts
Yes, mine looks like that as well. This was the way the system worked for the Mustang Mach E orders as well.

My interpretation is a check mark doesn't go green until you have completely left a step and that part is closed.

In the case of your two images:
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Logo

You completed Order Sent to Dealer when you completed the online system and received an acknowledgement receipt from Ford. Nothing more to be done, so green check.

Your dealer completed Order Accepted by Dealer when they clicked the accept button at their end. Nothing more to be done, so green check.

Scheduling has not yet started on any vehicles and yours is not even in the process of scheduling. No mark.

Rectangle Font Logo Circle Parallel

You completed Configuration when you completed the online system and received an acknowledgement receipt from Ford. Nothing more to be done, so green check.

The order process is partially complete. You and the dealer have both taken the actions marked above. However, the order is still open, so blue check. If you decided to change the color tomorrow, no problem. Once it is scheduled, your ability to change the order goes away. When you see a green check in Scheduled for Production, your Place Order will probably be a green check as well.

Clear as mud.

A much more detailed and unambiguous version of these can be found in Vehicle Visibility. However, only Ford and your dealer have access to that system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! I appreciate the insight. I’m a beginner and with Ford, and indeed, the way it’s laid out is not the most intuitive.

I’m glad that everything appears to be in order with my order. Now it’s just a waiting game!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts