Ford Lightning Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am really not pleased with the way Ford is handling the rollout of these reservations. I can wait but I may cancel my order if there is favoritism being played out here and there sure looks like there is. If they are going to allow dealers to put their favorite customers up top, they should have disclosed that in the sign-up process. Not giving me a good feeling about what would be my first new Ford purchase.
It is a problem when there isn't a more centralized way of ordering vehicles. Though I don't think there's as much scheming at dealerships as we might think. In most cases I imagine it's just who got there first and that's it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ford may have actually used a more progressive numbering system than you might initally believe - such as one that has the first several digits identifying a dealer, then the number of orders for that dealer, and not necessarily starting at '0'... my number is 10844492 and I've placed my order. I believe I was the first, and the only, at my local small dealer, but, who knows. This area is not a hot bed of EV owners - matter of fact, I've never seen another EV owner in this area...the only Mach-e this dealer had was sold online to a customer in another state, shipped to them.

for instance, one dealer might have a starting number of 10927, with the last three digits part of the sequence of reservations that chose that dealer - but the last three digits might have started at 502, meaning that your dealer telling you that you are number '19' in line makes sense, if they haven't already changed some of the 'order' on their own.
I don't believe that Ford simply started numbering from '1' when they started receiving reservations - I'm sure there's a rhyme and reason for however they do it.

·
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
525 Posts
Ford may have actually used a more progressive numbering system than you might initally believe - such as one that has the first several digits identifying a dealer, then the number of orders for that dealer, and not necessarily starting at '0'... my number is 10844492 and I've placed my order. I believe I was the first, and the only, at my local small dealer, but, who knows. This area is not a hot bed of EV owners - matter of fact, I've never seen another EV owner in this area...the only Mach-e this dealer had was sold online to a customer in another state, shipped to them.

for instance, one dealer might have a starting number of 10927, with the last three digits part of the sequence of reservations that chose that dealer - but the last three digits might have started at 502, meaning that your dealer telling you that you are number '19' in line makes sense, if they haven't already changed some of the 'order' on their own.
I don't believe that Ford simply started numbering from '1' when they started receiving reservations - I'm sure there's a rhyme and reason for however they do it.
There was no evidence of that in the Mach E numbers. If you would like to test your theory, there are a large set of numbers posted on this Forum as well as reservation details in the form.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There was no evidence of that in the Mach E numbers. If you would like to test your theory, there are a large set of numbers posted on this Forum as well as reservation details in the form.
I saw the same thing on the Mach-E forums and facebook groups. The numbers seemed to be all over the place.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts