⚡ Ford Lightning Forum ⚡ banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,408 Posts
Did you all get the email first?
Actually, not in my case. Someone on here reminded us to be sure to check your reservation/order page. I did and couldn't access mine -- no record of my Lightning reservation or my Mustang Mach E order. I tried a few more times and they finally returned. At that point my Lightning res had a button saying "Time to Order" (or something like that). I pressed it, ordered, and checked my email for the order. At that point I saw the email invitation had come in while I was doing all of this, then the order confirmation email arrived.

Today mine still hadn't been accepted by my dealer so I called him and he did it while I was on the phone -- whew!

Now waiting for the news that Ford has scheduled scheduling!

·
Administrator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
1,408 Posts
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

If you see this screen, you still have work to do. Your order has been sent to the dealer but they haven't accepted it yet. It just takes a minute for the dealer to pull up your order and press the accept button. I just had to call my dealer today to make sure he did this.

·
Administrator
1,408 Posts
The reservation number is maintained as the order number and is used throughout the process.

·
Administrator
1,408 Posts
You can give it a quick Google, but I found one in person on Sunday. I snapped a pic and think it turned out pretty accurate. It is in my top two colors for sure. It is a grayish blue if I had to describe it. View attachment 1130
Looks like Antimatter Blue. Where was this taken?

·
Administrator
1,408 Posts
Ok. So his reservation number is 10842409 and mine is 10842127, 282 after mine. Does Ford not go by the reservation number? I know the dealers are a different story.
Timestamp is what matters. The numbers are only for reference. While those two reservation numbers appear to be 282 apart, they were almost certainly not issued 282 reservations apart.

The Mustang Mach E was the first vehicle to use the online system. At that point it was the only vehicle using it. We were able to determine that Ford had at least 4, maybe 5 different computer systems assigning numbers simultaneously. Each of those was assigning from a separate set of 1000 numbers. Thus, 4998 was probably a much later order than 6002.

Now, the system is being used simultaneously for the Mustang Mach E, Maverick, F-150, and Bronco/Bronco Sport at least. They may be using it for every vehicle. The numbers are nowhere close to sequential on a given day. Month to month numbers will show an increase through time.

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
419 Posts
Looks like Antimatter Blue. Where was this taken?
It was definitely Smoked Quartz. It was a bright sunny day in Dallas. The Anti-Matter Blue in the sun was still really dark. I didn't get a picture of it because it was wedged between two other trucks.

·
Administrator
1,408 Posts
It was definitely Smoked Quartz. It was a bright sunny day in Dallas. The Anti-Matter Blue in the sun was still really dark. I didn't get a picture of it because it was wedged between two other trucks.
Thanks. I stand corrected.

One thing I learned from the blended colors on the Mustang Mach E like Infinite Blue is that many of these paints can appear as multiple colors depending on the light and photos rarely do them justice.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Lightning XLT ordered
80 Posts
Thanks. I stand corrected.

One thing I learned from the blended colors on the Mustang Mach E like Infinite Blue is that many of these paints can appear as multiple colors depending on the light and photos rarely do them justice.
My mom has an Antimatter Blue Escape and most of the time it looks black. Definitely darker than it looks on the renders. Not a fan personally. Haven’t seen Atlas Blue in person yet, but that’s what I’m going with.

·
Administrator
1,408 Posts
My mom has an Antimatter Blue Escape and most of the time it looks black. Definitely darker than it looks on the renders. Not a fan personally. Haven’t seen Atlas Blue in person yet, but that’s what I’m going with.
I had been considering the Atlas Blue. However, it is also darker than the renders suggest. I just saw an F-350 in Atlas Blue at the Washington Auto Show.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

I had already decided that I want a lighter color to avoid heating up in the summer and am going with Iced Blue Silver. I wish I could have seen one of those in person!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts