Ford Lightning Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Early 5/19 reservation. Got the invite for the first wave and completed order on a Lariat+ Was #2 at my dealer as per them. But they were not aware of the order opening; knew from their ford rep that they had 5 allocations for this year. Can’t blame them to keep up with the news given the tornado, omicron and snowstorm in KY. They are small and close to my house. So when I told them I already ordered on Thursday and they had to accept my order - he went into the system and saw my order and accepted. When I originally spoke to them few months back, they said normally they do MSRP and no ADM. Have to see the final invoice. I think I have ended up being their first order.

First time truck customer. We are taking delivery of our Model S LR next month as well. the delay in the CyberTruck made me book the Lightning as would only buy such a big vehicle if it was EV.

Hopefully no further delays and we get it in 20-22 weeks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
@BroncoAZ, your date and time stamp are kind of a mixed thing for me. My reservation time stamp is 5/19 @ 9:40PM EST. No email yet for first wave and I doubt I'm in it. On one hand, there may have been someone ahead of me at my dealership, therefore getting them the probable only wave one order there. On the other hand, if you were first in line at your dealership and Ford is working their way through the first hour or so of reservations, that encourages me to hope for a wave two invite. There may be some logic to not just taking the first few thousand orders without trying to spread the experience around to as many dealers and regions as possible.

Fingers crossed!

And, no, my dealer is keeping quiet on where I am in line in an attempt to be fair. They also declined to use the priority reservations they got as they thought that bumping people up who hadn't waited in line was also not fair.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
621 Posts
The Administrator updated the F-150 Lightning EV Reservation Submission Form to include an option for you enter your order date and dealership.
Please take 2 minutes to edit your original Reservation response to include them. :)

·
Super Moderator
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2016 Nissan Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, F-150 Lightning reserved
621 Posts
My Lariat was ordered last Thursday by my dealer. They get 25 at my dealer.
I’d be wary of dealerships claiming to get an allocation of 25. That is the number of prioritized slots allowed for dealers with over 100 reservations. It is unlikely that is really their allocation. My guess is the dealer is confused.

·
Super Moderator
621 Posts
Will the Reservation Submission Form also be updated with the Smoked Quartz color? That’s the color I ordered last week. Thanks!
@Administrator: Please add the Smoked Quartz color to the form.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Model 3 AWD, Lightning Lariat on order
87 Posts
I was intrigued by this color; has anyone seen this in person?
You can give it a quick Google, but I found one in person on Sunday. I snapped a pic and think it turned out pretty accurate. It is in my top two colors for sure. It is a grayish blue if I had to describe it.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Automotive parking light

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just talked to my dealership today who told me a Wave 2 customer with a reservation # of 108130XX placed their order today. I'm trying to see if these reservation numbers and/or the time stamps have any logic behind them or not. If the logic is that the reservations are prioritized by sequential numbers (which nobody knows supposedly), one could assume that I'm only 1500ish orders away from ordering. If you divide 1500 reservations across an estimated 3,000 dealerships (according to google), and if Wave 3 granted each dealership only 2 vehicles (highly unlikely the number is that small for Wave 3 orders), then I'd make the cut for Wave 3. I know it's not that simple, but I'm trying to be optimistic and help others figure out if the numbering system has any bearing or not considering I have a very low reservation number (in a good way - one of the very first people to order during the online announcement).

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
To those who were the lucky ones to convert their reservations to orders on the first wave...... congratulations.!!!!!
The second wave just opened up.
I thought that something had gone wrong with my reservation but a phonecall to Ford Customer Relations confirmed my suspicions wrong. I guess I didn't type fast enough my reservation and at least 2000 of you were ahead of me. The Ford Customer Relations rep told me that the first wave was about 2000 invitations. She verified my reservation number and ask me to be patient. My invitation was coming up soon. So....I am waiting for the invitation. If you made your reservation the first day of the reveal of the Lightning unveiling then be patient. Second or third wave, I believe. Good luck everyone.!!!!

·
Super Moderator
621 Posts
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bummer, my dealer keeps telling me they expect a confirmation number anytime but they seem to have no idea I should get an email and then order online. More than anything I’m annoyed that they got my hopes up when I was resigned not to get anything until 23 or 24.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts