Ford Lightning Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I saw that post and who came up with that? This is not a Bronco! Allocation numbers were not handed out! These are a new pair of wings that Ford is trying out to get to the ultimate goal. Let's see if it works.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Immediately First day: 05-19
yeah, me too. I think I’m screwed because my dealership is in a heavily populated area… I reserved on 5/19, and I’m supposedly number 45 at my dealership… No dice yesterday. feels like the reservation date is not very important, it’s which dealership you chose and then the date.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wouldn't count too much on the actual dealership counting for much. The allocations should be by reservation date/time. Ford is keeping the allocation information close to the vest but seems to me that the 1st "wave" is for, say 1000 vehicles. they look at the first 1000 reservations and the choosen dealer and allocated to those dealers with your name on it. The only place I can see the dealer having some flexibility is if they happen to have several people in the 1st wave. If so I could see their ability to move up their favorite customer, but you should both get trucks. It also seems likely that in that scenario there probably won't be that much difference time wise between deliveries. IF this is not true, then Ford will have a lot of explaining to do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wouldn't count too much on the actual dealership counting for much. The allocations should be by reservation date/time. Ford is keeping the allocation information close to the vest but seems to me that the 1st "wave" is for, say 1000 vehicles. they look at the first 1000 reservations and the choosen dealer and allocated to those dealers with your name on it. The only place I can see the dealer having some flexibility is if they happen to have several people in the 1st wave. If so I could see their ability to move up their favorite customer, but you should both get trucks. It also seems likely that in that scenario there probably won't be that much difference time wise between deliveries. IF this is not true, then Ford will have a lot of explaining to do.
we shall see! i’m not holding out much hope, even though I only delayed a couple hours after the reservation opened.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I called Ford yesterday, I missed the first wave ( my mistake), they told me I had a very high reservation number so not to worry. I reserved 5/19.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I called Ford yesterday, I missed the first wave ( my mistake), they told me I had a very high reservation number so not to worry. I reserved 5/19.
You reserved on 5/19 and your reservation number was "very high". That seems like something that would worry me.

·
Registered
2022 F150 XLT Lightning
3 Posts
Anyone have there order scheduled yet and if so what trim is it? My dealer said that the demonstrator they have on order is a Larait and is scheduled for April. I have an XLT ordered and confirmed but not scheduled at this point, just curios as to what other are seeing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You reserved on 5/19 and your reservation number was "very high". That seems like something that would worry me.
I don’t believe anything a car dealer says, wether it‘s the higher end Porsche or Ford, they’re all the same. I may end up canceling the whole thing anyway, as I really want to keep my Raptor.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don’t believe anything a car dealer says, wether it‘s the higher end Porsche or Ford, they’re all the same. I may end up canceling the whole thing anyway, as I really want to keep my Raptor.
Is there something about the Lightning that would make you cancel your reservation or it just your attachment to the Raptor? (Can't say I blame you they're amazing trucks!)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anyone have there order scheduled yet and if so what trim is it? My dealer said that the demonstrator they have on order is a Larait and is scheduled for April. I have an XLT ordered and confirmed but not scheduled at this point, just curios as to what other are seeing.
Looks like the Lighting @Ates ordered was a Platinum but I don't think trim levels will dictate who gets contacted first.

When did you reserve your Lightning @eman5oh?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there something about the Lightning that would make you cancel your reservation or it just your attachment to the Raptor? (Can't say I blame you they're amazing trucks!)
I love my Avalanche Grey Raptor, does everything I want , it’s been extremely reliable. Not sure I’m ready to go full electric, although the Lightning is a very, very cool concept.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was able to place an order on Thursday as part of first wave. I ordered from a small dealership, no idea how many reservations they may have but I must’ve been first with my 5/19/21 10:02 pm EST time stamp. I ordered a Pro in Antimatter Blue with max tow, tow tech, bedliner, and tailgate step for $46,577. I would’ve considered XLT for a similar price delta to the ICE F-150, but for $12K and not including heated seats unless you spend $66K I couldn’t do it. As for extended range, I’ll just have to live without it. Pro is a fantastic value proposition, like the Base Bronco. I’ll spend some of the $12K saved on things like carpet and aftermarket seat heaters. If the cab is the same as the ICE F-150 it should be possible to find parts to swap.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts